Switch to full style
All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.

Forum rules

Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Post a reply

David Bradley Rake

Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:31 pm

I picked this up today. I may adapt it to fit a Cub, but not sure yet.

Image

Image

Image

I found this photo on the internet showing one mounted.
Image

Re: David Bradley Rake

Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:40 pm

Dipping into the pension already, eh?? :lol: :lol:

Re: David Bradley Rake

Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:43 pm

ricky racer wrote:Dipping into the pension already, eh?? :big afro:

I might have left the job, but I took my engineering and design skills with me so I figured I needed a challenge. :lol:

Re: David Bradley Rake

Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:01 pm

Barnyard I'm glad you posted this. I did not know Bradley made one. That's a neat looking rake. I'll have to keep my eyes out for one!

Re: David Bradley Rake

Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:47 pm

tmays wrote:Barnyard I'm glad you posted this. I did not know Bradley made one. That's a neat looking rake. I'll have to keep my eyes out for one!

Tom, this one is very similar, but the seller lists it as a JD.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/antique-vintage ... 6rk%3D2%26

I also found this while out hunting.
http://amigatec.net/files/David_Bradley ... /57564.pdf

Re: David Bradley Rake

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:43 pm

Good find, there not easy to come by. Yours is the one for the walk-behind sulky. I have two of them built for the Suburban riders. There basicly the same other than the tag and the mounts. The one in this picture is on my 61 tractor.



http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh33 ... ndrake.jpg

Re: David Bradley Rake

Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:20 am

Barnyard wrote:I picked this up today. I may adapt it to fit a Cub, but not sure yet.


You would do much better selling it to a David Bradley collector. Then buy a rake for your Cub.

Re: David Bradley Rake

Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:44 am

Only retired a few days and already "raking" it in ! :lol:

Re: David Bradley Rake

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:25 am

Virginia Mike wrote:
Barnyard wrote:I picked this up today. I may adapt it to fit a Cub, but not sure yet.


You would do much better selling it to a David Bradley collector. Then buy a rake for your Cub.

Mike, have already had three offers to buy it since I posted this last night. I never knew there was that much interest. I had a chance to buy a Ford-Mac at one of our local shows in Indiana not long ago for $250.00 but after thinking about it, I don't really care for the eight foot width of them. The David Bradley is just over five feet and will be easier to maneuver in the barn while attached. If I do mount it on a Cub I have no plans to modify the unit itself. I want to keep it original.

Re: David Bradley Rake

Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:16 am

The sulky and the hauling cart are the "Holy Grail" of DB. The sulky allows you to ride your display around the show. The hauling cart allow riding and a shopping cart for the flea market.
In the last few years, the DB market has exploded. People want a display that will get them in the show free, but not one that is heavy and requires a large gas eatin' truck to pull the trailer.

A DB rig could possibly trump the problems with golf carts at RPRU.

Re: David Bradley Rake

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:10 pm

jwl wrote:Good find, there not easy to come by. Yours is the one for the walk-behind sulky. I have two of them built for the Suburban riders. There basicly the same other than the tag and the mounts. The one in this picture is on my 61 tractor.



http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh33 ... ndrake.jpg

Is your's painted factory colors?

Re: David Bradley Rake

Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:51 am

Barnyard wrote:
jwl wrote:Good find, there not easy to come by. Yours is the one for the walk-behind sulky. I have two of them built for the Suburban riders. There basicly the same other than the tag and the mounts. The one in this picture is on my 61 tractor.



http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh33 ... ndrake.jpg

Is your's painted factory colors?

Yes sort of.........the correct color would be the powder blue completely. I took the liberty of painting the teeth flat black, for contrast. This rake was on a 108 Cub when i brought it about 5 yrs ago. There was no modifying of the unit to make it fit, so he must have had some kind of adaptor built on the cub. For a Suburban you have to remove your 3pt and put it on the same holes. That and have about 3 people to help you steady it.

My second one is currently in a pile and i havent restored it. I thought them to be fairly cheap as i only paid $130 for the pictured one and $50 for the other one. Seems like to me they also made this unit for the newer SS model rider up until about 1972 and it was painted white, then they disappeared from the catolog.

Re: David Bradley Rake

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:40 am

Thanks Jeff, I will keep that in mind when I do this one.
Post a reply