This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Trailers / cub haulers

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dave F.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Trailers / cub haulers

Postby Dave F. » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:02 pm

I currently have a 14 ft. car hauler that does a good job hauling one tractor(7000lb dual axle). I am looking for something to haul two tractor on. (probably haul nothing larger than a 8n Ford or Case 430 tractor, most of the time I'll be hauling cubs) I've ruled out 16 ft.trailers , I am thinking on the lines of an 18ft. or 20 footer, but my drive way is a little steep & I was wondering if the rear of the trailer would drag? I thought I would ask the cubaholics what they use or recommed for hauling multiable cubs. Thanks Dave F.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Trailers / cub haulers

Postby tst » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:37 pm

I have a 16 ft dual axle that hauls 2 cubs no problem rated 7000 gvw, not much room left if you want to have implements hanging out the back of the tractor
Tim

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:38 pm

Dave F. wrote:my drive way is a little steep & I was wondering if the rear of the trailer would drag?

Can't answer that without seeing how steep the drive is and how far back the wheels are set on the trailer.

I have an 18' trailer and it handles two Cubs and a couple implements placed just right pretty good.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D

Postby Gary Dotson » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:13 am

An 18' trailer works quite well for hauling 2 Cubs. My trailer is an 18' that a previous owner added a 2 1/2' beaver tail to the back of. I can haul 2 Cubs, plus my golf cart across the front. My biggest gripe with my trailer has been not enough tie down locations, which I'm in the process of resolving today, I'm adding 10 more!

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”