This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Gaylott Scoop......FOUND IT

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
v w
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49053
Circle of Safety: Y

Gaylott Scoop......FOUND IT

Postby v w » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:54 pm

A year and a half ago I posted that I had found the mounting instructions for this scoop in my late fathers stuff and asked for more information about it. I thought I could barely remember it but it was not with the cub stuff and I thought maybe it had been sold. Recently we were at the restaurant with my sister and brother-in-law and I mentioned it. My brother-in-law said "I've got it". Seems he borrowed it 35 or so years ago. Since I have dad's cub stuff I considered it to be mine and I picked it up yesterday.

It needs a little repair but not in bad condition for having been left outside. I can't find any color but rust. Does anyone know the correct color? I am leaning to IH red. I have been told this can be mounted to face rearward as well as forward. Has anyone mounted it rearward? I would like to do this and then use it as a tote. It is not going to be for sale but does anyone have any idea of value? Thanks Vern

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Re: Gaylott Scoop......FOUND IT

Postby Bill Hudson » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:36 pm

Very nice!!

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Former Member » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:14 pm

I bought a perfect "clone" 4 years ago in good shape for $350, the cost of the materials. The previous owner also welded railroad spikes to the front of mine for teeth.

v w
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49053

Postby v w » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:58 pm

Dale Shaw wrote:I bought a perfect "clone" 4 years ago in good shape for $350, the cost of the materials. The previous owner also welded railroad spikes to the front of mine for teeth.

Inflation strikes. I have the original bill of sale dated 5/21/57 for $85.00 Vern

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Former Member » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:19 pm

v w wrote:
Dale Shaw wrote:I bought a perfect "clone" 4 years ago in good shape for $350, the cost of the materials. The previous owner also welded railroad spikes to the front of mine for teeth.

Inflation strikes. I have the original bill of sale dated 5/21/57 for $85.00 Vern

LOL, I will give you a cool $100 for it. LOL. Nah, 1 is enough for anyone. You better keep it
:big afro:

tmays
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39154
Tractors Owned: 1969 Farmall Cub
1952 Cub
1942 Farmall H

Postby tmays » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:05 pm

I don't see how it could be mounted facing the rear. If it can I'd sure like to know! I gave 200 for mine(from a dealer). Yours looks to be in better condition. They are not easy to find
Thomas

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:56 am

That one does not mount rear facing, but Gaylott did make one that does, however they are rare, I have only seen a picture of one once. It could be converted but would take some cutting and welding.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!