your opinion

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

your opinion

Postby Maritimer » Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:13 pm

Ok guy's, don't get mad at me for mentioning this, I know this is a cub site.....but I was on my way to cruise a lot today and I seen a really beutifull Allis wd45 with all new rubber, starts like a top and has a loader on it, with a wide front end. He wants 2200.00 for it. Is this e reasonable price he's asking? It still has all original paint on it. It must of been stored in a barn
Mike
My dad once told me if it wasn't for bad luck......I wouldn't have any luck at all......
Maritimer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Shopp'n Cubs » Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:29 pm

Hey Mike
I like the ol' 45s. It was the first tractor I ever drove. I think like any other tractor, the price will vary with location.

Around here, I have seen nice repaints go for about that asking price. But I think it all depends on what shape the tractor is in. If the original paint is nice and it runs out real good, plus with a loader. I would give it a look.

I would most likey throw him a lower offer if I was interested. See what he does.

Just my 2 pennies.
Guy
'55 Cub, (but always shopp'n!) '02 Kub, '57 Ford 640
Shopp'n Cubs
10+ Years
10+ Years

WD45

Postby Eugene » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:38 am

MidMissouri $2200.00 (US dollars) would be top dollar even with the loader. Locally, the WD45 would bring between $1000.00 and $1200.00 at auction and priced a couple hundred dollars more at one of the tractor dealers.

OH. Check out the rear rims. Those spin out rims are EXPENSIVE to replace if rusted out. New rear tires, a big plus ($400 to $500 for the pair). Wide front end add another $250. Loader another $200.

WD45 is one great tractor.

As Guy states, start the bidding several hundered under the stated price.

I think $2200.00 Canadian would be in the ball park.

Eugene
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Return to Other Tractors and Machinery