This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

John Deere Potato Digger

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
shyntempt
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: E7J1V7
Tractors Owned: Farmall Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

John Deere Potato Digger

Postby shyntempt » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:59 pm

Have an older single row JD Digger. PTO Driven. Anyone know where I can get a drive chain? 1.25" Pitch, 5/8" rollers.
Thanks

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120

Re: John Deere Potato Digger

Postby ricky racer » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:33 pm

Wow! That's a tough one. Are you sure the rollers aren't .750 and worn to .625? I realize that's a lot of wear but roller chain with a 1.25 pitch and .625 rollers is not common. You might want to measure the sprocket to verify the 5/8" rollers.
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

shyntempt
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: E7J1V7
Tractors Owned: Farmall Cub

Re: John Deere Potato Digger

Postby shyntempt » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:24 am

Yes, I believe .625 was the original roller diameter and length. An odd breed I agree. Have checked with a few chain suppliers, they all say they have run into this before but do not know a chain supplier that can now provide a new chain. Was hoping to keep the original sprockets but may have to upgrade to a different type if I can't come up with a chain. Thanks for your interest.
Jerry

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”