This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

AC-WC

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

AC-WC

Postby SONNY » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:16 am

Found this one in shed after sitting for 10 years after owners passing and family decided to sell, so asking price was in line and I came home with it.

According to serial #. its a 1936 model.---it does however have the new style gas manifold on it. Mag is probably dead, but I have a quick fix for them so all I have to do now is unload it and see if it will pull start since I cant hand crank them anymore.
It also came with a JD 290 planter,(needs seed cans, but I have 2 new ones that have never been on a planter). thanks; sonny

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Mr E
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32460
eBay ID: noles1432460
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: AC-WC

Postby Mr E » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:45 am

Nice! Like those old WCs. :||):
In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity. - Albert Einstein

Image. Circle of Safety

Roy Edenfield
Deep South CubFest #10
February 14 & 15, 2020

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:58 am

Neat. Appears to be pretty complete. Couple of modifications have taken place.

Was originally dual fuel with small gasoline starter tank under hood. Farmers removed the starter tank when they went to all gasoline. Those starter tanks are almost impossible to find. Carburetor probably changed from dual fuel.

Hand crank to start engine has been replaced or cut off. Seat back missing.

Front rims. I have a 1936 WC with solid rims instead of spoked rims. Have a photo of same tractor shortly after Grandpa purchased it, 1936 or 1937. Came with solid rims.
I have an excuse. CRS.

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby SONNY » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:30 am

Hand crank is in the fender bracket where you carry them. tractor does run now. thanks; sonny

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:01 am

SONNY wrote:Hand crank is in the fender bracket where you carry them. tractor does run now. thanks; sonny

http://www.tractorhouse.com/listingsdet ... ID=7227435

The unstyled WC's hand crank originally was permanently built into the front of the bolster and stuck out a considerable distance. Problem was the extended hand crank kept getting caught in fences and other things. Many were modified to what we would now expect a hand crank system to look like.

Generator. Dad put a generator on the WC for corn picking. There were several years where corn picking could only take place at night after the ground froze. Day time the ground was to slick for corn picking.

Edit: Source, Original Allis Chalmers, 1933 - 1957, Fay. WCs, SN 68610 and earlier use a one piece starting crank. SN 68610 was produced about mid year 1938. 1938 WC Allis changed over to styled sheet metal.
I have an excuse. CRS.

mikeintn
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby mikeintn » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:56 pm

I like those WC also, I have a 36 I'm working on now, nice find, I was wondering why it had a generator with it beening hand start also :?
Mike

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby SONNY » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:22 pm

The generator is only on this one for a fan belt tightner!---its not even hooked up,--YET! ---that comes later when I convert tractor to 12-v electric start and dist. ignition so I dont have to be pull starte it every time I want to use it!---UNLESS it sells before I get to work on it! thanks; sonny

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:04 pm

SONNY wrote:when I convert tractor to 12-v electric start and dist. ignition.
My 1936 WC has no provisions for an electric starter. Check to see if the flywheel has a toothed starter ring gear and if there is a provision on the back side of the bell housing for an electric starter. There are 3 different flywheel assemblies listed for the WC. The starter ring gear was not included on all WCs.

The front half of the fan belt pulley sheave is adjustable for tensioning the fan belt.
I have an excuse. CRS.

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby SONNY » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:40 pm

The fan pulley is stuck and p.o. just slapped on the the gen so he could use whatever belt he had on hand.
As for starter, I have bell housing and flywheel from 44 wc complete with starter and gear!
Also the 44 has a square rear axle housing and was a welded design.---a few of these were made.---NOT very many, so I may just use the 36 engine and the /tank/hood/rad. etc to get the more rare one running. thanks; sonny

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”