This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

FARMALL M SPARK PLUGS

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Gene Chestnutt
10+ Years
10+ Years

FARMALL M SPARK PLUGS

Postby Gene Chestnutt » Sun May 15, 2005 1:59 pm

ANY RECOMMENDATION FROM EXPERIENCE ON A GOOD PLUG FOR A 49 FARMALL M AND THE CORRECT PLUG GAP?
Gene Chestnutt

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun May 15, 2005 3:08 pm

all the old Ih rigs used pretty much the same thing from cub to M. If you are working it long and hard a Champion D16 or equivalent. If only occasional work of an hour or two, or show duty, champion D21 or equivalent. gap would be .023 as best I recall. You can get good quality reproduction owners, service, and parts manuals from http://www.binderbooks.con Tune up type information is contained in the owners manual.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Sun May 15, 2005 10:05 pm

Gene- I've tried em-all. Champion,AC Autolite,and Motorcraft. I've settled on the Autolite 3116 as my favorite. They seem to give me the smoothest idle and are maintaining a bone color after moderate use. The second choice would be the AC C87. They work well also but for some reason they run a little darker especially after prolonged idle. I use my H just about every day and I've rotated all the brands through and that is what I've found works for me.

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Sun May 15, 2005 10:21 pm

Gene- By the way- I was using the H for odd jobs all day. Ran perfect. Let it set till almost night fall, started it up and within minutes the carb ice formed. The outside temp dropped down and the humidity raised up and wala, carb ice. When I would pull it back to idle it would die. Let it set for a minute, fire it back up and it idled smooth for a little while then start chugging and die. Wait another minute, start it up and same thing again. As long as throttle was above idle I was fine. Its OK once it gets warmed up. Its getting past that initial warm-up stage. It gets so cold frost forms on the outside around the throttle plate. This H must have some serious vacuum.

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”