Wagner loader

Sun May 26, 2013 3:31 pm

Don't know if this is the right forum but anyhow....Does anyone have any experience rebuilding A, 2 spool control valve on an old V3 Wagner Loader....Mine leaks on my Harry Ferguson thus allowing the bucket to slowly drop....Or would it be better to buy a Prince 10 gpm @ 2500 psi for 179.00....I don't know if parts are available or not and what it takes to rebuild one besides o-rings I expect....Thanks...Dave.....Wagner Model V3 Ser # 0704

Re: Wagner loader

Sun May 26, 2013 7:50 pm

The only o-rings are the ones on the outside that keep the oil from leaking out. The internal parts are all machined fit, so not much you can change.

Mon May 27, 2013 5:24 am

Thanks John.....Guess I'll save my shekels for the Prince replacement....and the 11.2 x 28 rear tires....and the parts and implements I want for my 2 cubs and on and on and on.....Thanks for the reply.....Dave

Mon May 27, 2013 5:43 am

And thanks to ? for directing my post to the right site...Much appreciated

Mon May 27, 2013 9:14 am

before you order from Prince, check with Baum Hydraulics. They have an online catalog, but when you call and talk to the sales rep for your area, they will give you a much better price than is in the catalog. It has been 3 years or so, but if I remember correctly, a single acting valve for my Wagner was only $80.

I am assuming the lift cylinders on your loader are single acting(no down pressure). If they are 2 way, the leak might be internal in a cylinder, not the valve.

Tue May 28, 2013 7:51 am

Hi John, The loader is gravity down, but it does have a hydraulic cylinder on the bucket also...Just a quick note...I especially like the starting procedure on the TO....I just witnessed a tractor being started from the ground and starting in gear a month or so ago...Luckily it was in Reverse..As you know ours starts off the transmission lever....Good deal...Thanks for your help...Dave