Farmall item on eBay - Can you tell me about it?

Mon May 23, 2005 10:59 pm

I run across THIS item on ebay, and was wondering if one of you folks would mind explaining to me what it is, how it works, and what purpose it serves?



Mon May 23, 2005 11:17 pm

The illustration with the listing shows how it mounts. Moving the lever shifts the swinging drawbar from side to side. When plowing on a side hill, you reset the hitch each time you turn around to maintain a constant working width.

Mon May 23, 2005 11:25 pm


Thanks for the info!

I thought it looked like the attachment mounted to the side of the drawbar, and that it only affected the swinging part of the drawbar, but I had no idea what purpose that would serve....

Again, thanks for the explanation!

Tue May 24, 2005 9:11 am

Yep, an old-fashioned side-hill hitch for plowing!

You're keeping the tractor in the furrow, but gravity is pulling the plow sideways down the hill. This attachment pushes the drawbar over to compensate.

Wed May 25, 2005 12:01 am

I understand the concept behind what you guys are saying, but if you will forgive me for being a complete moron on the subject, I am a little confused on how the plow attaches to the bigger Farmall's....

I assumed most of the plows were attached by some sort of fast hitch, or perhaps a three point hitch..... In which case I didn't see where it would have anything to do with the swinging drawbar.

Is this contraption only useable with the Little Genious pull type plows that attach to the drawbar with a clevis or pin?

Again, thanks for your help, and sorry for all the questions!


Wed May 25, 2005 7:16 am

Yes, this was for trailer plows.

Wed May 25, 2005 11:55 am

Yes, this was for trailer plows.

I would say more:
this was for hillside trailer plows

(except if your hillside field turn around the hill :wink: :wink: )