Livy Tractor

Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:36 pm

I've done an internet search and have that info, but wondered if anyone on the Forum has one, knows anything about these or their value. They were made from about 1950-1955 by the CM Livingston Co in Tulsa, OK. It has a rear mounted B and S engine, with a single, centered, square tube frame beam from front to back.

Thanks, Bob

Re: Livy Tractor

Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:04 pm

Looks a bit like a Bolens Ridemaster.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:56 pm

I'm confused (which is not hard these days), how do you drive that thing?

Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:21 pm

Dennis wrote:I'm confused (which is not hard these days), how do you drive that thing?

I think Bob meant to say front-mounted engine, judging from the tire tread and the way the seat is facing.

But assuming the small wheels are in the rear, it's peculiar to have no hitch.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:53 pm

Can't help with additional information. Did check my two reference catalogs.

"Standard Catalog of Farm Tractors" shows the company, but no useful information.

"Hot Line Farm Equipment Guide" does not show any listing for the company or tractor. So, guessing, quite rare.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:34 pm

Dennis, My description was wrong. The one I saw didn't have the seat mounted on it and I didn't study it close enough to see which way it mounted. Sorry.

Bob

Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:12 pm

It appears to be an articulating? (bends in the middle) tractor. It looks like there may be a pivot where the rear tube connects to the main power unit. I do not think that with that set up pulling anything very heavy with a rear hitch would be practical, it would tend to pull you sideways in a turn.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:15 pm

I should have added that the picture was off the internet, not the one I'm looking at.

Bob

Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:31 pm

Kinda looks like the old garden tractors that had a sulky....I think the gravely had one with a steering wheel and cables....Dave

Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:28 pm

When I get home I'll upload a photo of the actual tractor Bob is speaking of. It is a weird looking thing!

Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:49 pm

Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:31 am

Kinda reminiscent of a smaller Allis G .. looks primarily for cultivating duties on small plants .. berries/veggies in a truck garden. Interesting .. strange .. different .. but very interesting :D

Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:13 pm

Never see one. The about '50-'55 dates come from Wendell's garden tractor book. Here is all I have otherwise.

The tractors pictured appear to be 2 different models, or at least different versions.
The C in CM Livingstion stand for Charles. Evidently the company operated under the name "CM Livingston Aluminum Foundry", at least prior to intoduction of these things.
The 1948 I&T Red Tractor Book does not list it. The 1949-1950 edition shows one with a round tube frame like the one with the nice green paint. The 1951-1952 edition shows a walk-behind model called the "5HP", pictures of which can be found on the web.
Details from the 1949-1950 book:
Company listed as C.M. Livingstion & Son, Tulsa, OK
10" plow
800 pounds
tread 30 to 38 inches
45" high
80" long
53-62" wheelbase
rope starting
belt speed reduction, clutch by belt idler
2 speeds forward
2 speeds reverse