This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

You Could Be The Only Kid On The Block With One Of These!!

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
v w
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49053
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: You Could Be The Only Kid On The Block With One Of These

Postby v w » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:24 am

Rick, I think you need to buy it. I would consider such a thing if I were a few years younger to trim fields for farmers. As tractors and combines get higher and higher the old fence rows are getting wider and wider. While a lot of them have been removed to make the fields bigger the ones between farms remain. I think it could be made into a small business. Vern

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Smokeycub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44266
Tractors Owned: 48 F Cub #11678
65 Cub Cadet 104
70 450C JD loader
67 Cub Cadet 107
90 B7100HST-D Kubota
72 Cub Cadet 149
54 Super C

Postby Smokeycub » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:47 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:Trying to get all the snow moved they also took out all the pretty bushes in the median with the snow plow

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:they never recovered. It may have had something to do with that Woods 59 running over the spot where they were.

Are you sure you weren't driving the plow truck too? :)
Ray
Smokeycub
Attachments - 193 plow - 144 cultivator - 22 mower - 28A disc harrow - 54 leveling blade - Woods 59C2 - drag harrows - Mott D9 flail - flat belt pulley
The squeaky wheel may get the grease but it's usually the first to be replaced!

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:14 am

Smokeycub wrote:
John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:Trying to get all the snow moved they also took out all the pretty bushes in the median with the snow plow

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:they never recovered. It may have had something to do with that Woods 59 running over the spot where they were.

Are you sure you weren't driving the plow truck too? :)
No, but a friend was. 8)
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Yogie
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 25271
eBay ID: yogiefisher
Tractors Owned: 37 John Deere A
63 Farmall Cub
53 Farmall Cub
56 Farmall Cub
IH 140
Massey 165 & 250

Postby Yogie » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:40 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:I have seen one of those helicopter rigs parked at a local motel overnight while they were trimming south of here. I wanted to get a closer look at it, but figured they did not appreciate people being around it.

They used the pasture beside our shop last summer as a base to gas up and fly from while mowing power line right a ways in our area. Really surprised me just how many times he gassed up each day spending well over 8 hours cutting the pilot had to be tired.
They spent about a week there and one return trip included a chain link fence gate wrapped around the cutter bar.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”