Cleaning out the garage.

Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:36 pm

As many of you know, I am getting ready to sell my rental property. The three car garage behind the house was never cleaned out since we moved ten years ago. Today I started working on that project. One of the things I grabbed today was this US Army power unit made by D.W. Onan & Sons. It actualyl sat covered with a tarp outside the building. It ran when I parked it but was hard to start then. I have a feeling it will be harder to start now. Just another "project" to sit around by the barn.

onan1.JPG

onan2.JPG

onan3.JPG

onan4.JPG

onan5.JPG

onan6.JPG
The generator never worked when I got it but I did get the panel board with all the controls and outlets. It is still in the garage.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cleaning out the garage.

Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:47 pm

The kind of things I love to play with, but being that age, it may not be 60 hertz. I think some of the old military stuff was 120 hertz, or something on that order.

Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:22 pm

John, I believe the military nomenclature plate is with the control panel. I will try to remember to look tomorrow when I am over at the other house.

Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:55 pm

A lot of the radar I worked on in the Navy was set up for 440V 400Hz. That'll tickle your funnybone :D

Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:29 pm

Cool generator. Is that a Willys Jeep engine in it?

Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:33 pm

56cub wrote:Cool generator. Is that a Willys Jeep engine in it?

Yes, one of the reasons I bought it.