This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

rolling harrow

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
nsthom
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 43160

rolling harrow

Postby nsthom » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:32 pm

Having trouble greasing the zerks on my rolling harrow. Have just a small slot there and the grease gun end is too long to fit squarely on so I got a 45 end and a button end but both were too fat for the slot. Any ideas?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: rolling harrow

Postby Eugene » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:22 pm

Look up grease gun tips. There are several configurations that are very thin and will grease zerks, recessed or enclosed in a confined space.

I have one that works on universal joints. Basically this gun tip depresses the ball in the zerk and then you can grease the u-joint.

Available at auto parts stores.
I have an excuse. CRS.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: rolling harrow

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:39 pm

try one of these. The point will push the check bal back and the outer taper will fit against the inside of the fitting to allow squirting grease inside. a note for the guys that have the cubs with the early throwout that are hard to grease, these work great.

If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”