This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

neglected Case

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

neglected Case

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:10 pm

While doing some running around on side roads back in the woods I came across this poor VAC that looked like it had been abandoned. Can't understand why someone would let the poor thing set there all alone, just because it needs an 11.2x34 tire. :cry:
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Donegal Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: neglected Case

Postby Donegal Cub » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:18 pm

Hi John,
Yes it is a little hard to understand. But maybe it won't sit there too long until someone rescues it and will take care of it because it looks in really condition.
Maybe you could offer it a good home :{_}: :{_}: :{_}:
Bernard,
Donegal Cub.

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bob McCarty » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:50 pm

At least they blocked up the rim so it wasn't sitting in the dirt rusting away.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Rodney51Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62995
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall Cub
1950 John Deere A
1949 Farmall Cub
1943 Farmall H
1940 Farmall H
1953 Farmall Super M
1962 Massey Ferguson 65

Postby Rodney51Cub » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:41 am

I know where I can borrow a couple of good tires and rims to put on that and haul it away if need be. :lol:

Rodney 8)
USAF 1976 - 1996

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:32 am

http://www.millertire.com/categories/tr ... 34_-10-34/

Just under $700- for new rear tire and tube is a lot of money for most folks in this area. If they had $700- there is probably better uses for the money than tires on the tractor.

Nice looking tractor, BUT. Considering the tire and tube cost, other unknowns, PASS.

Guessing. Tractor is worth around $400- at scrap yard and about the same value to folks parting out tractors. Sad situation.

Semi edit: Years ago uncle and I searched Iowa and Missouri for a used rear tire for my uncle's Z Minneapolis. We didn't find one.
I have an excuse. CRS.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:50 am

I figured Rabbit Holler Flash would chime in by now, that tractor is setting at his place, and does run. He has not had any luck at finding the VAC his Dad owned, but this one is almost identical, and he bought it because of sentiment.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Rabbit Holler Flash
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Rabbit Holler Flash » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:44 pm

Get home on vacation to find out Stella has been letting shady folks peek at my treasures. Its a early to mid 50"s VAC-13 Case. Bought from a lil ol lady who only used it to plant food plots on sundays. Came with a spare tire n wheel that was flat. My project mechanic "Scrivet" says starts n runs with a jump and you cant stop it,"NO BRAKES" :help: Also need to decide early which way you wanna go cause it takes awhile for the steering wheel to catch up to the front wheels :shock: All stock eagle hitch with the factory top link. And it works well enough to lift Scrivet. Been looking for awhile for one "like Dad had" and was the first tractor i drove "all by myself at 6 years old. Pretty well versed on them n going to make it a project for a workable tractor near as practical to Dads as i can.

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”