This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

garden creeper

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

garden creeper

Postby SONNY » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:39 am

This is the start of garden creeper #3 and I think I have enough parts to move forward with the construction process!

Garden Creeper Track

Garden Creeper Track Corner View

This is part of the track design I am going with.--it's just sitting on blocks for these pics and to get a visual idea of how to do the under frame to mount the tracks on! thanks; sonny

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: garden creeper

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:38 am

When I saw the subject line I thought you were talking about me. A couple years ago we had a windstorm blow many of our tomato cages over forming tunnels where they fell against each other, and I ended up crawling through some of them to pick the tomatoes.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

TurboRoadster
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 77328
Tractors Owned: 67 Cub LoBoy
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby TurboRoadster » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:34 am

thats pretty cool, do you have the rest of the treads or cleats and how do they mount to the chain track? neat project, get busy!
Timothy

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby SONNY » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:12 pm

I now have the grousers all done and welded to the chain.---the next step is to make the undercarriage frame to mount the sprockets and bearings to---still thinking of a good light design that will be strong but light.
I think I have a few more pix. of the track after welding.---I also cut a bevel on each grouser and drilled a 3/4" hole in the center to allow dirt to pass thru and not pack up inside the chain and break it. thanks; sonny

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby SONNY » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:00 pm

Here is one completed track chain with grousers welded on! thanks; sonny

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Postby Scrivet » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:52 pm

SONNY wrote:---still thinking of a good light design that will be strong but light...................
In my opinion the "light" horse is already out of the barn on this one :D . I am interested in seeing how this turns out. You haven't mentioned what type of propulsion this is going to have, pedal like your earlier one, an engine of some sort, or???????

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby SONNY » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:28 pm

OK!!! I am planning on going with a hydraulic motor on each track and separate control valves to steer as well as vary the speed and direction of travel !---I will have to test the motors to see what size drive sprockets to use, then after its all mounted,--I will install a hydraulic pump and res.driven by an 8 or 10 hp B & S engine .--I don't have a blueprint or anything to go by, so the whole project is in my head and build/test/change as I go!!! Makes it hard to do some of the math on drive/driven ratios so that requires me to just guess/make/test and if that part is ok, then move to the next part!
Would be nice to have had actual plans to work from, but I don't have that option on this machine! LOL!!! thanks; sonny

Cant wait for good weather,--- BUT cant work out side in this cold and high winds that we get here during the winter!--summer winds are at least warm! LOL!!

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”