This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Help with Identification please

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Help with Identification please

Postby Patbretagne » Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:51 am

Found in a corner of the Museum yesterday, 2 Macormick and one International potato planters.
The IH Will be put into the museum, I am negotiating for one of the Macormiques.

The question is what sort of date and info exists on these machines?
Like the cub, very well designed with lots of little inovative touches that makes the marque so interesting.

Were they for horse work, tractor....? Steering is by a long pole and segments

Can you help so we can log the items properly in the inventory for the future?
Best wishes
Pat

John*, I've posted the pictures separately, hopefully will help
Pat
Last edited by Patbretagne on Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:56 am

Pat, cna't help you with the info, but do you have a link to larger pictures? this is one time I would be willing to wait for a download. Hard to please ain't I. :lol:
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:25 am

Pat:

Couple of things...

First - Wow, nice find :!: :shock: 8) Sure would like much more information on this type of stuff.. any and all would be appreciated. If you send me the scans etc., I will upload em...

Second - the best place to point you to is: Wisconsin Historical Society.

I know it is kind of diffiuclt to find things at times and will take a while to get used to, but it is extremely helpful. You can also send in info requests. They may even be interested in having you document your discoveries and restorations etc...

Here is a basic search results page on McCormick

McCormick

Let us know what you find out ok?
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:53 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:Pat, cna't help you with the info, but do you have a link to larger pictures? this is one time I would be willing to wait for a download. Hard to please ain't I. :lol:

John Hard-to-please, I'll put them direct onto photobucket, each picture separate later on today,
From "Forever-happy-to-please-others" Pat

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:08 am

Pat
I wouldn't know a potato planter from a load of coal, but C.H.Wendel'sbook 150 Years of International Harvester says that the International 'tater planter was introduced in 1921 in two styles - hand feed model and a power feed model, and both of those were built until 1924. Production of IH planters continued until 1971. The McCormick-Deering No. 3 one row potato planter was introduced in 1924, and a two row No. 4 in 1927. Extras for the No.3 included various sprockets, evener (for multi draft animal use), neckyoke, and tongue truck (wheels, which appears to be on the one you pictured). Maybe this will give you something to go on.

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”