This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

McCormick Deering new ideal giant mower

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Stevetractor
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: B0v1a0
Tractors Owned: 1952 Farmall Cub
1955 Farmall Cub
1968 International Cub

McCormick Deering new ideal giant mower

Postby Stevetractor » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:50 pm

Any suggestions of how to remove the cast iron wheels on a mower that’s been in the fence row 50 plus years? Have a good one to restore but the wheels are cracked in several spots. Found donor ones but can’t get them off. Been soaking with penetrating oil and heating carefully with propane torch as I don’t want to crack them with too much heat. Even wrapped a chain around one side and placed 8 ton bottle jack against axle to act as a reverse press, Nothing!!! Open to suggestions. Thanks

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Re: McCormick Deering new ideal giant mower

Postby SONNY » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:12 pm

Propane torch wont cut it!! Get oxy.-acy. and go for it.---Lots of heat needed.--Some guys use wood fire under the mowere.--I would use my oxy. torch if it were me! thanks; sonny

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”