Massey Harris Pony

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

Massey Harris Pony

Postby JBall8019 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:00 pm

Hi,
This is a pic of a 1948 Massey Harris Pony that is owned by another employee at the company. I love the Army Paint scheme.
John
http://photos.cubfest.com/albums/userpi ... sPony1.JPG
JBall8019
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Rudi » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:17 pm

John:

Cool lookin pony. Never realized the US Army used M-H's... learn something new everyday :!: :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Rudi
Team Cub
Team Cub

Zip Code: E1A7J3
eBay ID: ve9rhs
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1951 Cub "Jethro"
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby JBall8019 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:40 pm

hi rudi,
i wouldnt doubt that there isnt anything the american military would not buy, i remember reading articles about $400 toilet seats being purchased by the pentagon. lol i like the looks of the pony and its about the same size of a cub
john[/quote]
JBall8019
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Rudi » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:56 am

John:

My buddy Roger who is also my electrician, has a M-H Pony that he absolutely loves.

In fact I have his plow here, waiting for him to pick it up. Also, I have his pulley, pulley and PTO sleeve here as well.

Personally, I am not all that fond of the Pony or any of the Massey-Harris line. I am not crazy about the lines... too barren and too clunky for my tastes.

The Cub is more flowing in lines and I like that a lot. Aesthetics does play a part in what one likes.

I will say this though, when they run they run well. Problem is keeping them running. Granny has a Marvel-Schleiber Pony carb on her and as soon as I am able and have the time, she is getting an IH carb back and the MS will be up for grabs....

Anyhoosie, it was interesting and I liked it.

Course.. we got the US Army topped. We bought 4 subs that don't work, don't float and don't move for 800 million each! Not too bad for a fire sale. Unfortunately, the Chicoutimi causght on fire and her XO didn't survive it... the sub had to be towed back to Britain and then barged to Canada.... what a muck up that was........
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Rudi
Team Cub
Team Cub

Zip Code: E1A7J3
eBay ID: ve9rhs
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1951 Cub "Jethro"
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Circle of Safety Award