This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

PTO Clutch and SnowBlade Help Needed

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Malcolm
10+ Years
10+ Years

PTO Clutch and SnowBlade Help Needed

Postby Malcolm » Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:37 am

Have two questions that I could use some help on.

1 - purchased a snowblade for my 129 which was originally from a narrow frame tractor. Swapped the NF undercarridge for a WF. Went to put the control rod on and it buts right up against the front of my tractor. Do I have to change the bracket on the blade which holds the control rod since it is now being used on a wide frame??

2 - PTO clutch out on the 129. Stopped mowing grass and would barely turn blades. Checked all pulleys and belt and it has to be the PTO clutch. Would like any recommendations for the best place to get a repair kit and any hints on the easiest way to do the repair. Have searched the archives and picked up some data, but you guys are the experts.

Thanks for the help,
malcolm

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Paul
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Paul » Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:22 pm

Yes to your first question. The bracket on the "A" frame that the lift rod connects to is different for NF and WF.

As far as the PTO clutch repair kits, they are available from Cub Cadet dealers only, as far as I know.

Tedd Ill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Tedd Ill » Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:26 pm

Paul is 100% correct on both counts. Your Case/IH dealer should be able to get the parts you need.

Also, try the sponsors at, http://www.ihcubcadet.com
Had a '57 Lo-boy, and loved it!! Will have another...
Always looking......

k. hansen'49cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby k. hansen'49cub » Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:24 pm

On question # 2,did you check the turnbuckle adjustment? It can't hurt to try,I have a manual, I could scan & send a copy of the pto section if you like.
Keith

'39JD B
'49 cub
'52 8n
'53 Golden Jubilee
And a whole bunch of Cub Cadets.....

Malcolm
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Malcolm » Fri Oct 03, 2003 8:28 am

Finally undertook the PTO clutch job on the 128. Believe it or not came apart fairly easily. Put it all back together and now it looks like I fixed it so good it wont turn off !
Should my 128 be using a brake plate or should it have just the Wear Button. I have a brake shoe, but since I have owned it there has never been a brake disc on it. Now that I look at, dont know how it was working. I guess I need to get a brake disc for the engine side. Do you guys have a preference on these???
Also - the book shows only one pressure spring used, but i took off two and there are two in the repair kit. I assume you use both, but want to make sure.
Any help or hints greatly appreciated.
malcolm

S.H.A.F.T.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Clutch

Postby S.H.A.F.T. » Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:17 pm

You need to have space between your wear button and the clutch. Adjust the turnbuckle so that you can just get a match book cover between the clutch and the button. The thickness of a matchbook cover is almost exactly what the book calls for. This trick was given to me by my CC dealer who has been selling CCs from his IH dealership since day one. If that is not your problem, then it is clutch rebuild time. See you CC dealer for the kit. What happens is the fingers get worn out. The kit is pretty easy to install. One thing to remember when taking off the PTO clutch is that there are two sets of set screws in each of the three holes to keep the clutch in place. The first set of set screws holds the clutch, the second set holds the first set. You will need a standard allen wrench set to get them out. I just want to save you from taking out the first set and then wondering why you can't get the clutch off. The first set of screws is pointed, the second or top set are flat on the bottom.

S.H.A.F.T.
"Son, you can do it right, or you can do it again."

Return to “Cub Cadet”