This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Lurker's Carb Fixes

How do I.... ?
Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Lurker's Carb Fixes

Postby Dan England » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:29 am

I am trying to gain access to Carl's carb repair items. I get a black screen and a message that they are designed for more recent version of Microsoft Internet Explorer. Will that be a free download or is it a program which I buy at Walmart or some other store? A local fellow tells me that the threads for the main metering jet are stripped and that he has a leak at that location. He wants to purchase the lower half of a carb but I think Carl's thread repair process might fix the one he has. What do you think? Dan

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:35 am

Dan, if you go to the Microsoft website you should be able to download the upgrade.
Carl's thread repair should work fine. If not, there is a NOS carb lower half on e-bay being sold by one of our board members.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:40 am

Dan,

Send it to me and I'll put a heli-coil in it for you. No need to get another bowl.
8)

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Dan England » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:43 am

Thanks, BD and Donny. If he contacts me again I will suggest the helicoil and be back in touch if he wants to use that approach. Dan

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:54 pm

Dan,

Which version of Windows are you running?
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Dan England » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:05 pm

Don: Home version of Windows XP. Dan

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:27 pm

Do you know how to get to Windows Update?
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Dan England » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:48 pm

No, I don't know. Can you provide instructions? I will appreciate that. Dan

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:33 pm

Dan,

Click the START button in the lower left corner of the screen. Then click the HELP AND SUPPORT icon on the right side of the resulting window. On the right side of the next window you will find WINDOWS UPDATE under ADDITIONAL RESOURCES. Click WINDOWS UPDATE. Then follow the on-screen instructions to download any available updates. Select EXPRESS installation. Check back if you have questions.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

A. K. Trenfor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:50 pm

Guys:

Lurker Carl's articles are in Microsof's Power Point. This is a program that ships with the Office Professional Series of products since 1995.. Also they are available separately.

However. To view a PowerPoint Presentation or a .pps file, loading Office is not necessary nor is load PowerPoint as a stand alone.

On the main page of the Cub Manual Server is the link for Microsoft's PowerPoint Viewer Dowload for WinXP and other O/S's. Dan, if you download this, you should NOT have any problems viewing any PowerPoint Presentation unless it is a IRM (Information Rights Management) Presentation or has Macros, embedded programs or if you need to open linked or embedded object. The PPS files on the server have none of these attributes so should not be a problem.

For FireFox users, the plugin download url is also present.

That should solve the problem.

I get a black screen and a message that they are designed for more recent version of Microsoft Internet Explorer.

Why you get that error message is unknown to me without seeing the actual error message, but it still is a non-IE problem, as it is the viewer that is needed. I guess the easiest way to address it, is like viewing the PowerPoint Viewer as a Browser Plug-In. To see the file, you need the Plug-In. It is free, and enjoy.

Office Professional however, is a $1,000.00 program. I am still using my old Office Professional 2000 Suite.. can't afford an upgrade..
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Merlin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Merlin » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:52 pm

Don McCombs wrote:Dan,

Click the START button in the lower left corner of the screen. Then click the HELP AND SUPPORT icon on the right side of the resulting window. On the right side of the next window you will find WINDOWS UPDATE under ADDITIONAL RESOURCES. Click WINDOWS UPDATE. Then follow the on-screen instructions to download any available updates. Select EXPRESS installation. Check back if you have questions.

Don, I'm running XP home edition and when I click on start, WINDOWS UPDATE is in that column at the top. When I click on HELP AND SUPPORT, it doesn't even say ADDITIONAL RESOURCES and there is no way I can go to WINDOWS UPDATE using HELP AND SUPPORT. I wonder if they changed as time went by.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:58 pm

Merlin wrote:
Don McCombs wrote:Dan,

Don, I'm running XP home edition and when I click on start, WINDOWS UPDATE is in that column at the top. When I click on HELP AND SUPPORT, it doesn't even say ADDITIONAL RESOURCES and there is no way I can go to WINDOWS UPDATE using HELP AND SUPPORT. I wonder if they changed as time went by.

Merlin:

Try this Windows Update. Microsoft is moving things around again.. I guess people were actually doing the updates -- imagine that :roll: :oops: :roll: :shock: :shock: When you get to the page... right click, then left click create shortcut.. it will ask you if you want to create a shortcut on your desktop.. click yes.. then copy or move it to your start menu..

I use the send to command that I install using Win95 Powertoys - Sendto Extension...

Anyways.. you will be asked to upgrade to Microsoft's new upgrade engine. Until you are totally sure you want to do this (I sort of wish I hadn't, because now I have lost the ability to do some of the things I want and used to be able to..), just ignore that and click either Express or Custom. Express just gives you the High Priority Updates.. Custom will allow you to get the other system updates that your OS may need such as Video or Sound drivers etc..... they are usually under Optional or Hardware updates...
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Merlin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Merlin » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:00 am

[quote="RudiMerlin:

Try this Windows Update. Microsoft is moving things around again.. I guess people were actually doing the updates -- imagine that :roll: :oops: :roll: :shock: :shock: When you get to the page... right click, then left click create shortcut.. it will ask you if you want to create a shortcut on your desktop.. click yes.. then copy or move it to your start menu..

I use the send to command that I install using Win95 Powertoys - Sendto Extension...

Anyways.. you will be asked to upgrade to Microsoft's new upgrade engine. Until you are totally sure you want to do this (I sort of wish I hadn't, because now I have lost the ability to do some of the things I want and used to be able to..), just ignore that and click either Express or Custom. Express just gives you the High Priority Updates.. Custom will allow you to get the other system updates that your OS may need such as Video or Sound drivers etc..... they are usually under Optional or Hardware updates...[/quote]

Thanks Rudi, but I find it easier to just to click Start and then Windows Update when I want to check updates. I have it set on automatic update, but sometimes when it does it slows my computer down and/or changes some things I don't like, so I just undo them through add & remove programs.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:39 am

Merlin:

Thanks Rudi, but I find it easier to just to click Start and then Windows Update when I want to check updates. I have it set on automatic update, but sometimes when it does it slows my computer down and/or changes some things I don't like, so I just undo them through add & remove programs.

The reason I posted this was because Microsoft has been moving pages...

I had to actually go and do this on my computers, as the original url which Windows Update shortcut on the computers from the install pointed to a url which was no longer there...

I have had this happen to many computers and have had to change the shortcut to reflect it.

It was meant to help do that if you ran into the same problem....

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”