Get one package of your favorite hotdogs, 1lb of bacon and some slices of your favorite cheese for each dog, (i use american cheese) and a large can of bush orginal baked beans and 9x9 pan or pyrex baking dish.
1. Open the beans and spread them evenly in the bottom of ther 9x9 pan.
2. Cut each dog down the center like a canoe without breaking out of the ends.
3. I put 2 slices of cheese together and cut 1/2" strips and stuff the dogs with the strips. You will have to cut one strip in half to fully stuff the dogs.
Don't skimp on the cheese the extra cheese melts into the baked beans and with the bacon flavor the cheesey beans will taste awesome too.
4. Wrap each dog with a slice of bacon and place on top of the beans on the pan with the cheese up. Wrap the bacon like the red on the barbers pole. (screw pattern) The cheese has to be on the top side so it will remain in the dog and some will runout and thats ok it flavors the beans even better.
5. I bake it at 375 degrees until the bacon on the top is cooked. I would say about 25 to 35 minutes depending on your oven and how it cooks. My propane oven at my camp cooks faster.
This is a heavy meal that is easy to make and will stick to your ribs after a log day of hard work. I make this at the hunting camp too. Once you try this you may make a larger dish next time. The simplest things can taste so great enjoy.
Last edited by BigBill on Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.