This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

I found a farmall ......?

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

I found a farmall ......?

Postby BigBill » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:42 pm

I seen a farmall over the weekened in the north country(VT.) while on a short vacation. It looked like a cub which caught my eye but it looked beefier. It was off set and had the wide front end but it had 3 spoke front wheels. I think it was a farmall super A but i'm not sure. I passed by it twice but didn't stop. It had an overhead valve 4cylinder engine.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:53 pm

Bill:

A or Super A

Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

jostev
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 03574
eBay ID: farmallkid48
Skype Name: farmall_kid
Tractors Owned: 41 B
48 H
49 C
50 red demo Cub
51 C
52 Cub
54 Super C
61 and 63 Cub Cadet Originals
78 Cub Cadet 1450
73 154 lo-boy

Postby jostev » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:58 pm

bill, as Rudi said it is probably a Super A or an a, where was it :?: maybe when i get back from cape cod i can swing by and take alook at it... i'm only 1/2 hr from St. Jay...

Johnny

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:08 pm

Thats it!!!!!!
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:10 pm

Yup thats it!!! It wasn't for sale and it had a snow plow on it so i guess they just use it for the snow. That one in the pic sure is purdy.

jostev
10+ Years
10+ Years
48 H
49 C
50 red demo Cub
51 C
52 Cub
54 Super C
78 Cub Cadet 1450
73 154 lo-boy

Postby jostev » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:17 pm

well, the SA's and A's look almost identical form a distance i owuld say, but the SA has touch control and the A's didn't... yup, i have seen alot of Farmalls up here for plowing :lol: so where was it :?:

where did you stay in VT :?:

Johnny

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:46 pm

My camp is in Rochester right near RT100 and were RT73 meet I'm just deeper in the national forest right on the border close to Hancock,Vt. too. Its like being in heaven to me. My wife pushed me to buy land in VT back in 86 so me and my brother could go hunting. Little did we know it turned out to be great vacations for the family too. The kids would go tubing in the national forest were the spring flows out of the mountains just before it enters the white river. I taught everything to my kids about nature and how to survive and what to look out for in the wilds with bears and mountainlions. If your alert and use your senses you can prevent an attack if you realize the warning signs. My kids never wanted to go anywhere else but up to the backwoods they had a blast. They could shoot the BB gun at empty soda cans with no one bothering them about a gun. There's nothing like living in the country away from suburbia for sure.

The farmall was in Brandon but i seen a lot of tractors on Rt7 for sale in Vt too. Once my new 3 or 4 bay garage is built my new hobbie will expand. I hate to buy them and clean them up or restore them then keep them outside. I hope to show them off at local fairs too. I got the farmall bug really bad.

I have owned(CT) what i call my 1/4 acre farm for 28 years. I have had 50 cords of firewood and 100 tomato plants with a large garden for many years, the wife canned too.
We did the best we could with what i had to work with and ate healthy too. Now i just purchased a new place with almost two acres that needs a lot of tlc really cheap in the country. I'm hoping in 3 years to roll it over and buy a small farm if everything goes as planned.(15 to 25 acres) The new place should double in price once its fixed up. Here i am at 55 and i want a farm now. I spent weekends on a farm with a farmall cub for a few years as a kid and always wanted a small farm ever since then.

jostev
10+ Years
10+ Years
48 H
49 C
50 red demo Cub
51 C
52 Cub
54 Super C
78 Cub Cadet 1450
73 154 lo-boy

Postby jostev » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:34 am

cool, sounds like you have a real good time up north...

that's cool, so you have alot of seat time on a cub :lol:

yeha, we don'nt have a garage either, well we have a 2 bay garage, but that's for the cars and wroking on stuff, so we just cover ours during the winter with tarps etc, hopeuflly this year or next we will build a big pole barn to hold the tractors :!:

Johnny

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:25 pm

I guess I'm lucky.We have a two car garage[85 Harley 2 cubs on MY SIDE] HAHA!!And a pole barn with a side hang over {1950 H and Tracys Ford 621]My truck sits outside and gets wet or snowed on [when the weather is right]I'm very lucky to have what I do.Nothing like play toys!!!PS I gave up HDs to ride Farmall Tractors.Safer I Think and more fun to work on.KETCHAM
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:00 pm

I became disabled 5 years ago and i had to sell my 1200cc suzuki bandit and my collection of 25 restored vintage husqvarna dirtbikes. My point is I just purchased a international cub loboy 154 to mow the grass and my very first time cutting was lastweek and you couldn't smack the smile off my face. Its just something about driving a tractor. The pain meds i'm taking now i have no pain and no brain too, i found myself doing 100mph all the time on the bandit. You get so used to it being so smooth at 100mph to 150mph and there ought to be a law against something that smooth and that fast, but what a bike for 6k.

I'm selling my old house with a monster garage28'x24' with a 10' ceiling insulated and heated too. I plan on building a new one soon but in a two story barn style just to play with tractors.

I'm going to collect and play with tractors now till i die.

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”