This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Tree stand

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Tree stand

Postby cowboy » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:06 pm

We were up at the farm cleaning up the trees we pushed over making our road. We put up a tree stand on the road it makes a nice observation point. The trail was so narrow before you would get hit from branches on both sides just walking up it. Shure gives a nice view now :!: Lots of wild life to look at. Deer were jumping out of the woods and walking on it while we were making it. Saw bear tracks down the edges of it. As a matter of fact me and my brother were putting in a culvert. We heard a bunch of yelling from my cousins place a 1/4 mile away. When we got down there and ask what was going on. They said a bear walked by and they were trying to get all the kids into the house :!:

From the stand looking east.

From the stand looking west

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

ljw
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45042

Postby ljw » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:35 pm

Billy, great pics!! I always enjoy the pics you post, especially the ones showing the progress on your retreat. It's humbling to be surrounded by nature in that kind of remote environment. It puts things in a different perspective. Enjoyable.

Larry
The majority of men live lives of quiet desperation- Henry David Thoreau

Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Hengy » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:47 pm

I LOVE the UP of Michigan. Used to go there a whole lot for a previous employer to call on the iron mines in Marquette/Ishpeming area. Some BEAUTIFUL area up there...AND PRISTINE!! The only problem is that the Summer is sooo short there and then the snow flies!!! (also beautiful!)

What part of the UP is your property in again?

Mike in La Crosse, WI
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:15 am

:D Thanks Larry

We have a lot of fun up there. I moved up there for a year and a half after I got out of high school in 1984. Came back home after that got tired of not having any money. I was getting a $100 a month to take care of the farm and what ever side jobs I could find. I also got to stay fro free in the farm house wood only heat. You shure learn how to bank a fire after the first time you wake up and its -10 degrees in the house :!: It would loose the water pipes after the first good freeze. Bucket under the flowing well in the basement for my water. And a good four feet of ice down there by spring time :shock:

:P Hi Mike

It is in the eastern upper Pickford area. Or halfway between I-75 and Drummond island. Its looking better than when it was the road of mud http://farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13743

Have you gotten your cub yet :?: If you find youself in the detroit area you are welcome to stop by and take mine for a ride :!: I am only 30 minutes from detroit metro airport.

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

Ron Luebke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30145
eBay ID: 9716ron

Postby Ron Luebke » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:02 am

looks like a great spot to harvest a big buck. i wouldn't mind a little seat time in that stand!
TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT !!!

' its just plain ole Ron '

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:06 am

:D Thanks Ron

I can't wait to get our bunk house up. Right now we have to stay at my Uncles house. Its a pain having to hual all our stuff up and back. Hoping to go up this weekend and level out a spot for a 24x40 pole building. Then we can put the wood mizer in it and start cutting wood for a place to stay in.

Billy

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”