This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

shop

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
huntingpal
10+ Years
10+ Years
eBay ID: huntingpal

shop

Postby huntingpal » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:26 am

I have a 30x40 and it filled up fast. After only 5 years in it I am now getting prices to add on another 12ft. leento on the whole back side. You can never build it too big. A guy has to have STUFF and the more room you have the more STUFF you will drag home :D :D

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:40 am

I have the same concerns, only I need a place to work on my cubs. My cabinet shop is just not suitable for both mechanical and wood working projects at the same time. Also, it would be nice to have a place to store all the paraphenalia that goes along with tractors or even lawn mowers etc..... an of course Cub Implements :!:

I have been trying to get a 16x32 pole barn extension built to my shop for a while now.. but events have combined to slow the project down. Hopefully it will be up in time for winter this year.. everything is ready, except for the poles being in the ground..... :roll: :? :(
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

jim turner
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 64784

Postby jim turner » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:38 am

I hear you, I first built a 40x60 pole barn and it is full then I built a 30x50 shop now it is full and I have no place to work without moving things around, What is a guy to do?
Jim Turner

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:00 am

jim turner wrote:I hear you, I first built a 40x60 pole barn and it is full then I built a 30x50 shop now it is full and I have no place to work without moving things around, What is a guy to do?

You are so close, but you missed the size by a bit. My pole barn is 40 x 72 and the shop is 40 x 54. Mine is ALMOST big enough. :(
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Joey
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 70403

Postby Joey » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:01 am

You guys sure know how to depress somebody! :cry: I'm in the process of trying to finish up a 20 x 40 shop, sure is a purty thing! After reading this thread, I find myself wondering if I need to build up reasons (excuses) the convince the significant other that I might need more room later. Hmmmm, a barn in the making in a few years? :roll:

Clem
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48463
Tractors Owned: 1956 FAST HITCH CUB
MODEL 10 CUB TRAILER
2 1950 Demonstrators

Postby Clem » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:32 am

I just put an extra lean on my small barn for a Cub. I used cedar planks from an old barn that fell in for the entire project. so just a bundle of shingles is all I was out! I love reusing stuff. I can fit one Cub in and a set of cultivators.

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:24 pm

:D Hey Clem Can we move the cub to one side and let me camp out there for a few months :?: Looks like I will be working at the brent run landfill agin in a month or so. I should be in Oscota MI in a week and when I am done I am heading that way.

When I get to building a real shop I do not think I will put floor drains in. They always fill up with mud and that one one of a kind bolt you Need ends up fallind down in it. One of my friends has his angled down and out the front door. He will start at the back of the shop and hose everything down and out the door.

And rather than having the sliding doors on the outside of the building he has them on the inside so he does not have to worry about shoveling the snow away from the door track in the winter. He built shelves all the way to the ceiling infront of it so the doors slide between the shelves and the wall.

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

Clem
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48463
Tractors Owned: 1956 FAST HITCH CUB
MODEL 10 CUB TRAILER
2 1950 Demonstrators

Postby Clem » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:59 pm

Cowboy. That is good news being back to work and all. That means more $bucks$ for cubs. When you get settled in on your new job stop on over.

By the way everyone, is pea rock a good thing to put down for ground support?

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:28 pm

Hi Clem

You want a sharp stone crushed that will bind and pack together. For a driveway or shed floor I use 12a which is a crushed limestone with fines in it that will pack down and stay in place. Pea stone is for drainage.

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

huntingpal
10+ Years
10+ Years
eBay ID: huntingpal

oops

Postby huntingpal » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:36 pm

I ment to post a replie to another thread. I just noticed I started another new one again. I need to start slowing down and watching what I am dooing. :oops:

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL

Postby John(videodoc) » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:01 pm

pea gravel like walking in sand :( get road pack in a few years it'll be like concrete :D

Little Indy
10+ Years
10+ Years
eBay ID: falco-de-fiume

Postby Little Indy » Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:35 pm

Joey wrote:You guys sure know how to depress somebody! :cry: I'm in the process of trying to finish up a 20 x 40 shop, sure is a purty thing! After reading this thread, I find myself wondering if I need to build up reasons (excuses) the convince the significant other that I might need more room later. Hmmmm, a barn in the making in a few years? :roll:
Consider making one end wall non-load bearing so that you can knock the wall later. I am doing this on my new barn so that if I want to add 8-16 feet I will be able to do so without worring about that portion falling. I added three 2by8's as beams on the end.
Si hoc legere scis,nimium eruditionis habes.

Little Indy
10+ Years
10+ Years
eBay ID: falco-de-fiume

Postby Little Indy » Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:39 pm

Rudi wrote:I have the same concerns, only I need a place to work on my cubs. My cabinet shop is just not suitable for both mechanical and wood working projects at the same time. Also, it would be nice to have a place to store all the paraphenalia that goes along with tractors or even lawn mowers etc..... an of course Cub Implements :!:

I have been trying to get a 16x32 pole barn extension built to my shop for a while now.. but events have combined to slow the project down. Hopefully it will be up in time for winter this year.. everything is ready, except for the poles being in the ground..... :roll: :? :(

When I bought this property (1976) the previous owner did not set the treated wood poles of my horse barn (this is where I am keeping my tractors at present) in concrete. I sure wish he had. A lot easier to do it when the barn was built than now.
Si hoc legere scis,nimium eruditionis habes.

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:53 pm

When I bought this property (1976) the previous owner did not set the treated wood poles of my horse barn (this is where I am keeping my tractors at present) in concrete. I sure wish he had. A lot easier to do it when the barn was built than now.

The poles will last longer if they're backfilled with clean washed stone so they can drain. Setting them in concrete will shorten their life.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:36 pm

We used to put fence poles in with the big end down to keep them down. I decided to put a little extra traction on my 4x4's

This is what my little 12x16 foot shed looked like yesteday at 2:00 pm

This is what it looked like at 7:30 yesterday. Boy digging post holes in hard yellow clay by hand is a pain :!: The only spud bar I have weighs 60 pounds. Ouch

Billy

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”