This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Electric Fence recommendations?

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Ramon
10+ Years
10+ Years

Electric Fence recommendations?

Postby Ramon » Mon Oct 20, 2003 10:38 am

Hi,
I am looking into getting an electric fence but am overwhelmed by the number of options out there. I have about 9 acres of pasture and 4 sheep right now. I would love to go solar but am not sure if that packs enough of a punch to keep my sheep in. Low impedance definitely sounds like one of the options to have. Please help!
Ramon

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby parts man » Mon Oct 20, 2003 5:28 pm

Ramon, solar with a battery back-up works just fine, but go with a good fencer!!. I would recomend a "Gallagher" brand. THey work well and last. They are made in New Zealand ( sheep country) and are used all over the world. Around here people fence to keep coyotes out not sheep in. Locals use 5-6 strands about 9-12 inches apart, of hi tensile steel wire and have good results.
V.P. of T.S.A. (taking stuff apart)

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”