This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

QA-36A Blower Right Angle Gear Box

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

QA-36A Blower Right Angle Gear Box

Postby Rudi » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:58 pm

Guys:

How difficult is it to find the parts -- gears, bearings and seals for this item. I think the whole thing is Part # 543 152 R1 ...

My buddy Gord has one.. several teeth are busted on one of the gears.. no part number on the gear.. shaft needs to be built up and returned or replaced.. etc... or can a compete gear box be found.

So far JP doesn't have one, Junker John doesn't have one.. Kelly doesn't have one and Madson we aren't sure about...

Help would be appreciated..

Thanks
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:17 pm

Rudi,

Let me look tomorrow, I may have what you need, complete.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:39 pm

Bill:

Please let me know.. wow!

Gord will be happy... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:08 pm

I looked on the C&G site and they are listed as no longer available. The large gear part number 475604 R1 and the small gear(half the number of teeth is 475600 R1. I was told that those gear boxes were made by Woods so you might be able to get them through a Woods dealer. I think you will find the gears to be expensive and you might be better off finding a used gear box. The SB is a 2:1 and there is a LT snow blower that has a 1:1 and the tiller box is 3:2 so make sure you get the right ratio.
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

Leadfoot
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Leadfoot » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:21 pm

Rudi: A couple of seasons ago, the big gear in the gearbox on my QA42A decided it didn't need all it's teeth anymore... :evil:

According to my Cub Cadet, and Case/IH dealers, those gears are NLA..and get this, so is the gearbox cover gasket :shock:

I ended up buying a used gearbox from a different model snowthrower that used the same PN gears, and repaired mine. After new gear oil, I babied the gasket, and used a little RTV silicone. So far, no leaks or problems. 8)

Ritter107
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ritter107 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:42 am

I was looking to replace the big gear in mine last year. The dealer told me he could get the gear, and it was 150 dollars.
In IH Cub Cadet I trust....

R Bedell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48701

Postby R Bedell » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:14 am

I was told that those gear boxes were made by Woods so you might be able to get them through a Woods dealer.

The IH gear boxes were NEVER made by Woods, according the the Woods representative that I talked with last year.

Leadfoot
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Leadfoot » Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:53 pm

R Bedell wrote:I was told that those gear boxes were made by Woods so you might be able to get them through a Woods dealer.

The IH gear boxes were NEVER made by Woods, according the the Woods representative that I talked with last year.

I believe you posted that same factual info a while back (possibly last winter) R Bedell, when it was speculated that Woods made them.

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:26 pm

I talked to the person who had told me about the gear boxes being obtained through Woods. This parts person remembers going through woods to get a "tiller gear box" and it is possible that woods made the tiller and got the gear boxes from the same supplier that also supplied Danco who made the snow blowers. Most of the other parts for the gear boxes are available except the large gear. When an item isn't available like that gear you can sometimes locate the actual manufacture of a sub part and find parts that are NLA.
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

R Bedell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48701

Postby R Bedell » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:51 am

Mr DeTurck:

So, in other words, your original statement was meant for Danco built Snowthrowers as opposed to IH built snowthrowers..??
:?:

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:22 am

R Bedell
Have you noticed that for the most part, the internal parts for the Danco built snow thrower gear box, such as on the CW/CC36 and CW/CC42, and the internal parts of snow thrower gear box for the QA 36/36A & QA 42/42A, have the same part numbers, which would seem to indicate they were both made by the same company.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:45 pm

Guys:

I must thank you all for the help I have received. Gord and I were able to locate a QA42 Gearbox and it is at this very moment on it's way to a brand new, happy home here in New Brunswick.

Many thanks for all the info, it is appreciated. :D :D

Leadfoot
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Leadfoot » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:57 pm

So Danco (or IH) made the gearboxes....either way, Woods NEVER did, as was stated earlier :)
Last edited by Leadfoot on Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leadfoot
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Leadfoot » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:59 pm

Rudi wrote:Guys:

I must thank you all for the help I have received. Gord and I were able to locate a QA42 Gearbox and it is at this very moment on it's way to a brand new, happy home here in New Brunswick.

Many thanks for all the info, it is appreciated. :D :D

Rudi: Glad to see you are getting the correct parts you need 8)

Return to “Cub Cadet”