This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

102 Seat Time Today

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

102 Seat Time Today

Postby Cub-Bud » Tue Oct 28, 2003 5:31 pm

I decided I would put the deck I bought at the Cub-Arama under my 102 today and see how it cut. It did a GREAT job :!: I cut grass for nearly 1 hour and it never missied a lick :D :!: I thought I might take a picture to mark the "first cut" 8) .

I got some "blow-by" out of the crankcase breather so, it looks like I might take some time this winter and do a little motor work. The PO told me it was going to need a engine rebuild when I bought it. At least I know it will cut grass in its present state :) .
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:50 pm

Hey Bud, it looks great! Who did you get it from at the Cubarama? I'm debating whether to reupholster mine or just replace it...
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

Code: Select all

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:54 pm

I bought the mower deck from an unknown vendor. He was there both days and had several cubs and decks for sale.

I bought the seat from "Prototype Paul" from Kentucky. He had the excellent cadet display, the prototype #409, and several other nicely restored cadets.
Last edited by Cub-Bud on Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Jeff M
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04071
Tractors Owned: Cubless, but living vicariously through others
'61 Ford 641
Kubota BX 2370

Postby Jeff M » Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:40 pm

Nice tractor, Bud. Those things are absolutely timeless, IMHO. My granddad had an Original when I was a kid, then he moved up to a 102, then a 127 w/Cozy Cab (!). I had the 127 til about 5 years ago when we were moving and I wouldn't have room for it, so I sold it. We moved, then moved again, and now I have plenty of room, which shows you the caliber of MY planning. Now I have a 108.
Care and feeding of family's Ford 641 ('61)
Kubota BX 1860

Paul
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Paul » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:59 pm

"Prototype Paul" ? I've been called a lot of things, but that is a new one :lol: . I bought Cub Cadet #510 this week, to keep #409 company, and hope to have running and rebuilt for the next Cub-Arama

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Cub-Bud » Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:46 pm

Hey Paul

I hoped you would like your new name 8).

The seat looks pretty good on the tractor. It sure looks alot better than the one that was on it. Thanks again for making it available to me :)

I plan on replacing the R-1 treads on the back with turfs....I've got my eye on a pair of old, usuable Firestones...Do you know if they were original :?:

Greg Norman

Paul
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Paul » Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:50 pm

Both the Goodyear "Suburanite" and the Firestone "Town and Country" type turf tires were used and could be original. Even used some B.F. Goodrich. Guess it depended on who got the contract on that tire buy.

Return to “Cub Cadet”