This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

FFDCHIEF

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
ffdchief
10+ Years
10+ Years

FFDCHIEF

Postby ffdchief » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:21 am

Hello there I guess I missed this forem when i signed up.

I live in michigan and my father owned a cub for as long as i can remember. I just sold the buzz saw from it as my brother has the tractor and he did not want it. I want to thank all the members of this site that helped me with info to help in the sale.

I am a 22 year volunter fire fighter, EMT and now work full time as a 911 dispatcher, I at one time was the fire chief of a small twp. fire department I really like this site as it brings back many memories hope you don't mind me visiting from time to time.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Don McCombs » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:07 am

Chief,

You are welcome to visit and/or contribute any time :!: :D
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:55 pm

Welcome Chief. If your brother tires of the cub you can help him out.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Jeff Silvey
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 46055
Tractors Owned: -
1950 Demo,1956 w/ FH, 1959 w 59" mower,
Cub L-54 Blade,152 Plow
189 plow, LF 194 Plow, Woods 42" Mower,
Choremaster Garden tractors & Implements
Antique Gas engines

Postby Jeff Silvey » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:26 pm

Welcome Chief. It is a GREAT site.
Jeff
In my line of work
" EVERYBODY GOES HOME THE NEXT MORNING"

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:28 am

:D Hi Chief

Welcome to the form :!: And Thanks :!: I picked it up thursday. And will post pictures of it when I get it up and running. I was tempted to put it on my tractor when I got home. But I need to find the coupler that connects the pto shaft to the shaft in the saw. I am told I can get one from IH. I am glad to know some of the history of the saw did he get it new :?: If you ever find your self by Cabelas in dundee US-23 and M-50 and want to see the saw agin just let me know. Any pictures of the saw being used :?: The guys at OA wanted me to send them some pictures of it when I get it running which I will do.

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:18 pm

Hey Chief...WELCOME & THANK YOU FOR SERVING YOUR COMMUNITY :!: :wink: My Dad was a fire chief for our hometown volunteer fire dept in 1949 & 1950 in New Jersey so I have many fond memories of hangin' around the trucks while my Dad was at the firehouse. The firehouse was right next door to our church...so when a Sunday morning fire call came in...about half the pews emptied with men racin' next store to run out the fire trucks :!: :D
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

ffdchief
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby ffdchief » Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:51 am

Cowboy wrote::D Hi Chief

Welcome to the form :!: And Thanks :!: I picked it up thursday. And will post pictures of it when I get it up and running. I was tempted to put it on my tractor when I got home. But I need to find the coupler that connects the pto shaft to the shaft in the saw. I am told I can get one from IH. I am glad to know some of the history of the saw did he get it new :?: If you ever find your self by Cabelas in dundee US-23 and M-50 and want to see the saw agin just let me know. Any pictures of the saw being used :?: The guys at OA wanted me to send them some pictures of it when I get it running which I will do.

Billy

Glad you liked it when you got it. Its been so long I do not know if it was new or not I remember at one time he had that say, culavators, sickle bar, snow plow, heat houser, the buzz saw you have now, garden plow, pull behind disc, and in the later years he bought a belly mower for it the one with one blade 48 inch cut. I do not know of any pics of it while it was running but i remembering cutting lots of fire wood from it over the years my dad was the one that always ran the saw and we had two guys carrying logs to the saw and one person throwing cut wood away from the saw it could work 4 guys down in a days time and have a huge wood pile when done. My daughter lives in milian michigan so someday when you have it all back together i would love to stop in take some pics and chat with you.

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:27 am

Very 8) :D FFDChief

Thats awesome. I did not realize it could cut that much wood. I am planing on cleaning it up and painting it. And putting it together the way it is. It apears that their are old ringer washer rollers on it to help the log feed into the saw :?: I am going to put it back together the way is but will have to find one roller which is bad the other two are fine.

Anyway I will let you know when its done. And would be honored to have you come out for a visit :wink:

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:54 pm

Billy are they the old rubber ringer rollers. If so I have one up the country I used to use as an out feed for long stuff on my table saw. I don't use it any more and if you want it next time I am in the country it is yours. Send me a pm with your address. I am not sure I still have it. Wait a minute I probably still have it as the return address when you returned the Helicoil tool.

Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:03 am

Thanks Bill :D

Yep that is what it appears to be :wink: I was going to ask and make shure your heicoil kit made it back ok :!: I am waiting to hear if anything can be saved off my old computer. The article I was going to write up on fixing the draw bar bolts on final drive housing is waiting to see if I can get the pictures from it off the old hard drive.

Have a great day Bill

Billy

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:49 am

I hope to be able to get up the country to get a xmass tree. With Bev;s hip replacement I am not sure if that will happen. If not able to leave her i will be up there in the spring. I had used it as an outfeed roller while ripping 2x4's to fatten the walls to = 2x6 to get more insulation in. I don't need it any more and besides have an adjustable height store bought roller now.

Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

Return to “Introduce Yourself”