This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Flag FOUL

How do I.... ?
Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Dennis » Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:37 pm

OK folks, the state flags available, 51 counting DC. Rudi, New Brunswick is also listed.

You can find them at the end of the country listing. Enjoy!
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:02 am

Thanks Dennis. Texas flag is flyin'.

I still can't believe that of all the Texas flag images out on the web, I had to pick the site that belongs to that jerk. By the way, what I have found so far, looks to me like hotlinking is legal (evidently everywhere). It may be impolite, but evidently legal. I'll try to elaborate on it some more after I see if any more information turns up.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:16 am

Dennis:

Thanks, appreciate. Now I can flop between the two!

Jim:

I am curious, so what ever you find out on the hotlinking, I would be interested to read.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Yo's Dad
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Yo's Dad » Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:39 pm

Thanks Dennis, but what I really need is a Univ of TN flag with a big orange 'T'. Whadda U think, dude??? hehe
YD, Grover and Ole Malley
‘Keepers of the Flame’ Image

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:14 pm

Yo's Dad wrote:Thanks Dennis, but what I really need is a Univ of TN flag with a big orange 'T'. Whadda U think, dude??? hehe

If you can find me a small image (like Rudi did) I can add it to the list :)
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:28 pm

Rudi wrote:I am curious, so what ever you find out on the hotlinking, I would be interested to read.

So far, I am finding people that are sure it is illegal (and can even quote the amount you can be fined) but their sources all seem to be another web page. Nobody has cited an actual legal reference. The more I have looked into it, the more convinced I am it is legal. If a web site had a prohibition stated in the terms of use and it was clearly stated or linked from the main page, the site owner would probably have grounds for a civil suit. But that would be about it.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:32 pm

Well, it seems that it is one of those areas where there is no basis in law, just popular misconception. I cannot even see where someone would have basis in law for a civil suit, it certainly would be precedence setting. As there is no theft of intellectual property involved, I cannot see it going anywhere.

The more I think of this so called theft of bandwidth, it reminds me of a battle that Amateurs have been fighting for years - theft of bandwidth in the 10, 15, 20, 40, 80 meter HF bands as well as in the VHF/UHF domain where commercial companies from taxi's to satellite providers are infringing on the amateur spectrum without authorization from either the FCC or Industry Canada. Neither the FCC nor IC seem to have the bureaucratic backbone to deal with these infractions and the practice just carries on unabated. Lawsuits have been filed, but if I remember correctly none has been settled so far.

Going to get murky I think.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”