This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Fried Soup.

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
FuryIII
10+ Years
10+ Years

Fried Soup.

Postby FuryIII » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:37 pm

this is a recipe my dad came up with when we wre growing up. i love it and almost everyone thats ever tried it does to. so here goes.

1 pound bacon cut up (ends and pieces preferred but not required. )
1 large onion or equivelent. (about 2/3 to 1 pound)
1 quart of cooked tomatoes. (you can used canned if you want.)
1 tablespoon of chili powder.
salt pepper and sugar.

fry the bacon in a large skillet. cook until done but still soft. once done drain it and wash it with hot water. you can skip this step if you like greasy. put it back in the skillet and add the onion. i usually cut it in fairly thick slices and break the rings apart. cook until the onion is nearly done. then add the chili powder. this should turn everything a dark red color. stir it in really good until its mixed well. add the cooked tomatoes. you can chop them up, cut them in half, or it really dont matter as long as it suits you. be sure to stir it up a lot to get a good mix. now add the salt, pepper, and sugar to taste. lower heat, cover and simmer about 15 minutes. its ready to eat. if your really brave you can add jalapino pepper and other such ingredents that you like while its simmering.

it goes great with pan fried taters, pinto beans, and homemade bread.

you can also substitute the meat for something else if you like. you can use bratworst, little smokies, smoked sausage, peporoni, pan suasage or whatever. i just prefer it with bacon.

enjoy.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”