This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

is it possible

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
cjpenny89
10+ Years
10+ Years

is it possible

Postby cjpenny89 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:25 pm

Ok before you guys say noway this can't be done please read. I know I normaly would agree that you can't but I got to thinking about how bad I wanted a super A. I was on ebay and saw a super A hyd's and a pump.
Now I know that the Farmall A doesn't usualy have any provisions for adding hyd's like the cub. But maybe just maybe could my 1947 A be late enough that it has all the correct mounting? The reason I ask this is when I talked to the owner he said it was a late production because it had a water pump on it.
This made me think that maybe just maybe this is one of the first super A bocks on my 47 A? I need to go home and look to see if it has a water pump.
If it is a late block it would have a cover plate under the mag right? isn't that where the hyd pump mounted?
If the engine has this then maybe just maybe it could become a super A?
Might have to change the torque tube but if it could be converted I think if a guy waited he could get the parts cheap enough.
any thoughts? Is it even possbile that the block is ready for a HYD pump or did the later A's have water pumps?
Chad

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

wvpolekat
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wvpolekat » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:00 pm

My 49 Super A does not have a water pump, but does have hyd. So, based on that, I don't think the water pump would determine anything, but thats just a guess.
49 Super A (Tinker) 47 Ford 2N (Cricket)
----------------------------------------------------------
If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer.

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Matt Kirsch » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:05 pm

You might just be lucky enough to have gotten one of the very last ones with the hydraulic pump boss under the mag, as you say.

If you don't mind having "hydra touch" style hydraulics rather than touch control (i.e. remote valves and cylinders instead of rockshaft arms), then all you need is the pump, a valve, some plumbing, and a generic reservoir. A hydraulic cylinder can be rigged up to the existing lift mechanism easily enough.

cjpenny89
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cjpenny89 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:17 pm

I have a hard time thinking it has a water pump. I will be stopping at my dads to get the actual serial number and look under the hood.

yes as for auxiarly hyds I may add them later if I do more with this tractor then cut grass.

I want a 140 with a fast hitch but we shall see where that takes me.
Chad

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:58 pm

OK, I read the whole thing. Can I say noway now?

cjpenny89
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cjpenny89 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:23 pm

sure Jim! I got home looked at it and there was no water pump lol I didn't think there was

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”