This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Farmall 100 mott mower setup

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Farmall 100 mott mower setup

Postby cowboy » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:34 pm

I just got a mott mower for a SA from Rick. I just put it on the tractor today so I can figure out how to set it up and have it ready for spring. It will be coming off as I have to split the tractor do engine seals, steering gear box and brakes. But I need to know how to setup the belts and where to bolt up the pulleys.

Looking at this picture it looks to me like the belt should come off the 90 deg belt pulley and another belt runs to the mower from the other side of the shaft. I do not at this time have a pulley for either pto. It looks like I would have to move the mule drive to the right to line the pulley up for running off of the 90 deg pulley. Also what size pulley do I need. Their is a threaded rod coming up off the mule drive is this some kind of a tensioner?

This is the way the lift mechisim looks like it hooks up I think it is kinda neat!

John I thought you might like to see this. I know you use a 3pt top link for your sway bar. Whoever did this one used tierod ends.

Thanks for any help Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:47 pm

Hey Billy you ain't getting that clean shop all dirtied up are you?
Could it be the origional didn't use tthe 90 degree?

Looks great
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:21 am

Hi Bill

Around her garages exist to become dirty! On the mule drive their is a dubble belt pulley and a single belt pulley which are different sizes. But they are different sizes and tied together solid on one shaft. Their is no way that I can see that would let it run off of the standard pto shaft.

Thanks Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:39 am

Billy - I should have looked at that closer when we were there. If all the pulleys are fixed solid to that shaft something is not right. They would have to turn in opposite directions in order to work.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:22 am

Thanks Bigdog it was a long day and gettin dark. And I just got the draw bar yesterday thats why I just started trying to put it together.

Here is a better pictures of the pulleys
The one on the left is larger and I think runs only to the mower. The tow belt pulley on the right I think runs up the the 90 deg drive only. Of course I may be way off thats why I am asking.

From the mower looking to the back

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:50 pm

It probably needs a double pulley to go on the angle drive and uses a pair of matched belts.

Open question how big the double pulley needs to be.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:05 pm

Cowboy - Ignore my previous comment. I had the tensioner for the belly mower in mind. I'd say Jim is correct. The drive from the pto is probably a dual belt drive to turn the jackshaft with a single belt running forward to run the mower. I need another cup of coffee before I start responding to posts......
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:00 pm

Billy I would use implement bolts in the torq tube. Other wise it will eventually wallow out like the finals did. Two flat planes bolted together no matter how tightle bolted evenrtually slip and slide the tolerance of the hole and the bolt. The only exception is when you hand ream each hole in the piece bolted on for a precise fit. That is why wheels on cars use tapered bolts or nuts. The angle eats up the slop that permits the bolt to fit through and then some. Of course an angle countersink helps even more.
Hey if it goes bad you can always bring it to my place and we can helicoil it.

Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:36 pm

Thanks Jim. Thats what it was looking like to me too. I guess I need to find the rpm of the angle drive at operating speed. And what the blade spindle rpm needs to be and have my brother figure out size pulley I need.

Bigdog you are doing fine. I did not realise how hard it was to see all the pulleys in the first set of pictures I sent. And now that I think about it that is how the cub mowere pulleys work.

Bill sounds like a good idea to me. Keep on keepin on!

Billy

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:51 pm

Have you tried getting in touch with Alamo Equipment to see if they can provide info>
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:31 pm

I got stuff for the mott for my lowboy from these people.

Flailmaster 800 451-4020

Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:38 am

Thanks John and Bill I give it a try.

Billy

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”