This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

I heard it fire!

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
cjpenny89
10+ Years
10+ Years

I heard it fire!

Postby cjpenny89 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:44 am

Well after reading Geroge Willers post on my rotted out exhaust manifold I stopped to my dads and played with the tractor for a few minutes.
The mag has great spark. I will need to get new plug wires.
I looked at the old manifold and it was jsut the exhuast portion rotted out so I think as George said it would probably run but with no exhaust it would be loud lol.
well I didn't hook up the bad manifold but we did squirt gas in the head into the gas ports.
well a few cranks on the hand crank and it was popping and firing and boy did I like that sound.
the more I crank it over the better the compression feels!
I have no doubt she will run.
Next I have to get my manifold. I post on YTMag.com and got about 30 responces on mags from $50 plus shipping up to $150 plus shipping from used to new to welded up ones that were prices. I guy from ND called and we chatted for a while and he said he had a good one from a "C" and it would be $50 and he paid shipping. So since I lost the ebay auction from one in michigan which really doesn't break my heart becasue my last purchase from that guy wasn't that nice I will get the one for $50 shipped and save myself money would have cost me about $20 more to win the ebay auction. But I could have had the part this weekend.
Anyway I can not wait to run this around!

Oh yeah when I got there the gear lube we drained out from heating it up the other night was just about forze solid. I took and got 1/3 gallon of gear lube off the top 1/2 gallon if I was lucky the rest was foze just about solid! no wonder the old gril didn't roll free.
Chad

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:34 am

Hi Chad

While you are waiting I would pull the spark plugs and put kroil or seafoam in the cylinders. After sitting so long some of the rings may be stuck. I would also run seafoam in the first tank or two in the gas.

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

cjpenny89
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cjpenny89 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:42 am

Thanks cowboy I might just do that!

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”