This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

billyandmillie here !!!!

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55
Circle of Safety: Y

billyandmillie here !!!!

Postby Rick Prentice » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:51 pm

Hello everyone. Thought I'd introduce myself alittle.
Image When I bought my first cub, a '52, I had several animals around the property, goats, donkeys, chickens, two small pigs, and some rabbits. The first thing I noticed with the forum was everyones unique name. That's how billyandmillie came about. Billy's the black goat and Millie's the white one. I don't have any animals anymore. Most of them went to my brother's place. Once I became hooked on the Cubs and started attending shows, it was too hard coming home each day to feed and water the critters :shock:

Straight out of high school in '73, my football coach got me a job at a local tool and die shop where I worked for a few years. In '76 I started at Jeep Corp in Toledo and officially retired in November of last year. I always kept my interest in metal working, even while working at Jeep. Most of the 30 years there I worked as a Metal Hoist mechanic, fixing broken or missing parts that came off the assembly line. I had my own hoist, welder, torches, etc, and an outside holding area where I could go out and choose what car to work on.

I've had many interests over the years, racing Jeeps, jet boats, then remote control boats, fishing, bow hunting, and now Cubs.

I love working with steel, but Jeep ruined me as far as making several parts at once. I have fun making one or two, but more than that and it reminds me of production work and I get bored/fed-up easy. That's usually the reason when I make some parts to sell on the forum, you better jump on them, because it might be awhile before I make anymore :D

I like challenges. If you say it can't be done, I'll try to proove you wrong. I may not succeed, but I'll try. I make alot of mistakes, but that's how we all learn.

I've had a great time belonging to this GREAT GROUP of people. I told my friend George(IH48) that we might as well forget the regular tractor shows, because there will be a Cubfest every month to go to. There's a different breed of people on this site. I hope it stays that way.

The good LORD has taught me that friendship is far more important than money!

Thanks for having me,
Rick Prentice
Last edited by Rick Prentice on Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Ron Luebke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30145
eBay ID: 9716ron

Postby Ron Luebke » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:52 pm

Rick i know you've been here for a few years butWELCOME :!: i've always heard the greatest gift you can recieve is friendship. if you can't make a friend @ the cub forum you can't make one anywhere. i admire your ability to create with metals. i think alot of us have ideals but there just hard to put in metal form(you have that gift).THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR GIFT WITH US :wink:
TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT !!!

' its just plain ole Ron '

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL

Postby John(videodoc) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:31 pm

Thanks for sharing with us Rick not only your introduction, but your many talents!!!!!!!! John See you in April we got some stumps to dig 8) :shock: :D

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:58 pm

:P Rick, Very nice and interesting write-up about yourself. You are a truely talented man with metals and I for one can say that My Cub wears one of your hand built step PROUDLY. :P
Then came Bronson

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:26 pm

Hey Rick As gret as you are on the forum. Meeting you was even better. I admire your ability wirh iron.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Phillip W. Lenke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43449

Postby Phillip W. Lenke » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:29 am

Rick
The thing that really stands out to me is your quite spirit.
Not boastful or proud.
Great to meet you and getting to know you!
As well as your side kick George.
Phil
"Work Hard ,Play Often,Care Always"

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:10 pm

Rick,

I first met your backhoe Cub at the Wood County show and then Harley at the Luckey show. Then I met you and George (IH48) and spent quite a while getting acquainted. I think it was that meeting that first led you here? If so, it was fortunate for all of us! :D :D :D We're all glad you and George are here.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06076

Postby Peter Person » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:12 pm

Ditto's to everything that has been said about Rick.
My '57 Cub will wear one of Rick's creations permanently, i.e. the fast-hitch depth adjusting lever.
I won't worry about the Correct Police either. :shock:
Thanks Rick for everything and getting to know you.
Peter
1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

Circle of Safety

Jeff Silvey
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 46055
Tractors Owned: -
1950 Demo,1956 w/ FH, 1959 w 59" mower,
Cub L-54 Blade,152 Plow
189 plow, LF 194 Plow, Woods 42" Mower,
Choremaster Garden tractors & Implements
Antique Gas engines

Postby Jeff Silvey » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:12 pm

It's great to hear about yourself. I have gotten a couple of metal work stuff from you. I'm hoping to some day to meet you and your family.
I got out of HS in 73'. I'm wanting to retire in 2-4 years the boss say's no. She wears the pants LOL. People like you are the ones that keep everyone going to be better. Still need a carry-all.
Be Safe
Jeff
In my line of work
" EVERYBODY GOES HOME THE NEXT MORNING"

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55

Postby Rick Prentice » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:35 am

WOW, thanks so much for the kind words :D :D

Yep George Willer, you started all this and it's been my pleasure to be a small part of this great site,

Rick
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

Return to “Introduce Yourself”