Need chains

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

Need chains

Postby chris » Sun Dec 21, 2003 7:46 am

Looking for a set of used chains for my low boy 9.5X24 if anyone has a pr. for sale. Chris
chris

Postby WKPoor » Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:44 am

Shucks almighty, sold 3 pair last season. One pair had the cleats on it. Sorry, Bill
WKPoor

Postby Bigdog » Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:12 am

Bill! Don't tell me you did that! So close, yet so far! If you find another set, let me know. I think I can afford the shipping. :)
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com
Bigdog
Team Cub
Team Cub

Zip Code: 43154
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Oscar Meier » Mon Dec 22, 2003 12:35 pm

Traqctor Supply can get you about anything you want - also look on the web - under tire chains - there was a post awhile back that had a good web site for tire chains.

One bit of advise - don't get ladder chains if you have AG tires. If you do find ladder chains - look for "twisted ladder" type - they grip better than standard ladder and don't go down into the AG tread as bad.
48 CUB & 52 Super A
Oscar Meier
Cub Star!
Cub Star!

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:59 pm

http://www.tirechains.com is a good place for chains. Whether or not ladder chains will work for you depends on your tiews. I have AG treads that the bars extend past the ends of each other and ladder cahins work fine on them. If the bars don't overlap, they can cause a problem. Check with salvage yards and truck and tire shops, many truck chains will work. They will last a ling time on a tractor when they are too worn for the trucker to use.
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government
to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the
government lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." Patrick Henry
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

chains

Postby chris » Tue Dec 23, 2003 6:18 am

I have found new chains but would really like to find a used set. New ones are a little exp. for the few times I will be plowing. Thanks guys for the responses. Chris
chris

Return to Farmall Cub