65 Lo-Boy Hydraulics

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

65 Lo-Boy Hydraulics

Postby ScottM » Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:32 pm

I've come up with a design for making the L-54 into a Meyers-style power angle plow. I'll try to get a quote together on the parts tomorrow & see how much this will cost me. I should have it all worked out by next Monday at the latest.

While investigating whether I could put a bypass block on my tractor, I find that the exhaust pipe goes right in front of the plate on the Touch Control where it would mount.

So that's out unless I re-bend the exhaust pipe to gain a little clearance.

I also notice that there is a 1/8" NPT plug in both inlet and outlet on this mounting plate.

So my next question: Why can't I just remove the plugs, and install hydraulic lines directly into the block?

(I will still need to do something different with the exhaust either way)
ScottM
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:32 pm

Scott- I don't have time right at this moment butt later on tonight or tomorrow I'll put together a little tutorial on the Cub hydraulics and why that block is nessecary for aux hydraulics on the Cub. I think there are others that aren't quite clear on how that all works. Bill
WKPoor
5+ Years
5+ Years

Return to Farmall Cub