This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Need chains

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
chris
10+ Years
10+ Years

Need chains

Postby chris » Sun Dec 21, 2003 7:46 am

Looking for a set of used chains for my low boy 9.5X24 if anyone has a pr. for sale. Chris

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:44 am

Shucks almighty, sold 3 pair last season. One pair had the cleats on it. Sorry, Bill

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:12 am

Bill! Don't tell me you did that! So close, yet so far! If you find another set, let me know. I think I can afford the shipping. :)
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Oscar Meier
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Oscar Meier » Mon Dec 22, 2003 12:35 pm

Traqctor Supply can get you about anything you want - also look on the web - under tire chains - there was a post awhile back that had a good web site for tire chains.

One bit of advise - don't get ladder chains if you have AG tires. If you do find ladder chains - look for "twisted ladder" type - they grip better than standard ladder and don't go down into the AG tread as bad.
48 CUB & 52 Super A

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:59 pm

http://www.tirechains.com is a good place for chains. Whether or not ladder chains will work for you depends on your tiews. I have AG treads that the bars extend past the ends of each other and ladder cahins work fine on them. If the bars don't overlap, they can cause a problem. Check with salvage yards and truck and tire shops, many truck chains will work. They will last a ling time on a tractor when they are too worn for the trucker to use.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

chris
10+ Years
10+ Years

chains

Postby chris » Tue Dec 23, 2003 6:18 am

I have found new chains but would really like to find a used set. New ones are a little exp. for the few times I will be plowing. Thanks guys for the responses. Chris

Return to “Farmall Cub”