This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Engine swap

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613
Circle of Safety: Y

Engine swap

Postby Boss Hog » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:08 pm

Will a super c engine bolt up in a super a ?
That would give me a poor mans 140
or not?
David
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby parts man » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:49 pm

Yes it will bolt in. The block is the same, other than perhaps the OD of the bottom of the sleeves. Same engine as SA1, 100, 130, 140 more or less, there were some minor changes along the way, but mostly external.
V.P. of T.S.A. (taking stuff apart)

Daniel H.
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27055
Tractors Owned: 1951 Super A
1955 Cub Lo-boy
1955 Ferguson TO-35

Postby Daniel H. » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:24 pm

It will bolt in, but if you keep the SC radiator, it is taller and the SA grill will be too short. You could take the SC grill and swap the SA bottom section on it and it should bolt up. You will need to raise the gas tank, the front bracket already has the holes, and there are two spacers for the rear. They are easily made; just flat stock with two holes. The gas line will be short. You can bend a new one from steel brake tubing. That is the way they did the SUPER A1 in 1954.
The four most expensive words in tractor restoration: "We might as well..."

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Boss Hog » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:28 pm

Thanks I am looking at a super C, I wanted to give the SA a little more power I can part out the rest
David
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:15 am

David don't hold me to this. But I was told you can put Super C pistons and sleaves in a Super A block to get more power. I haven't really looked into it. To see if it has the same stroke as a A too or not.

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:16 am

Cowboy wrote:David don't hold me to this. But I was told you can put Super C pistons and sleaves in a Super A block to get more power. I haven't really looked into it. To see if it has the same stroke as a A too or not.

Billy

Yes and no.

The Super A has a 3" bore while the Super C has 3 1/8". They are both built on the same basic design. This is a wet sleeve engine so there are upper and lower bores in the block. When the Super C came out, they enlarged the lower bore to take a larger sleeve. When they did that, they started using the new block in the Super A with a thicker sleeve that kept the 3" bore. So Super C sleeves and pistons will go right into a late Super A block. There are overbore sleeves made for the early Super A block that use a 3 1/8" piston. There are/were also overbore sleeves for the Super C that use a 3 1/4" piston. The stroke was the same on all models from the A through the 240.

When it come to this equipment that IH made for a long time, nothing is simple.

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Boss Hog » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:11 pm

Well the super c turned out to be a c Had the short grille. But I bought it anyway, didnt have a c but now I do. when I saw the piggy back light on the back and the front wheel weights it was sold, old tractor runs right good
David
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”