This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

demonstrator

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:32 pm

Neither one is mine..... sorry Rick! But your post did point out to me that Nameless is really a 49, with a long eared dash, guess I should change my signature?

It is the one on the left. I happened to be at a real small local fair and was looking at the tractors (lots of Cubs) and I noticed a bit of white paint under the red and yellow paint. http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/Bu ... f593c7.jpg
So I started looking a little closer and sure enough it was painted white, then yellow, then red.

Apparently the fast hitch was added later. That Cub is a worker and in pretty well used condition. No idea who the owner is. Didn't take Cathy last year because it was the same weekend as Cecil's CubFest.

For all the Cubs around here you would think occasionally there would be one for sale, or at least I wouldn't be the only one on the board from RI.

Larry
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

JohnL (BlackJeep)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 26321
Tractors Owned: -
1952 Farmall Cub "Squeaky"
1954 Farmall Cub "Patience"
2013 Kubota L3200

Postby JohnL (BlackJeep) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:34 pm

Man, the Cubs in CT are coming out of the woodwork!! :lol:

If this keeps up I expect to see people driving them to work in the morning. :shock: I wonder what kind of gas mileage I'd get? :?:

Best of luck with your new prize (assuming you buy it). If you don't buy it just tell the CT gang where it is, it won't last long..
----- Farmall Cub - The most fun you can have with your pants on...

lucky1
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 46737
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: demonstrator

Postby lucky1 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:13 am

I have questions...what is a long/short ear dash? and ...what is the 501 club all about? 3 digit serial number owner? When did they come out with fast hitches if these are not supposed to have them?
Thanks
Jim

indy61
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby indy61 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:27 pm

what is a long/short ear dash? There was a time during high volume production when they ran out of dash panels and used a different panel.

what is the 501 club all about? 3 digit serial number owner? When you have 501 posts you get awarded into this 'club'. 501 is the first serial number for production IH tractors.

When did they come out with fast hitches if these are not supposed to have them? I don't know the first year they came out and not sure what you mean by 'not supposed to have them'

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536

Postby RaymondDurban » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:37 pm

lucky1 wrote:I have questions...what is a long/short ear dash? and ...what is the 501 club all about? 3 digit serial number owner? When did they come out with fast hitches if these are not supposed to have them?
Thanks
Jim

Welcome to the board Jim!

-Long/short ear dash. From the beginning of production (May '47) to Mar 1949 (except for a period in Jul-Aug '48), Cubs had a long ear dash. From mid Mar '49 on, the Cub had short ear dashes. The period in Jul-Aug '48, the Cubs had a no ear dash for some reason.
-501 club is for member that reach 501 posts in the board
-three digit SN owner is someone who owns a low SN tractor (501-999)
-the fast hitch for the Cub came out n late '54 (SN 185001), although not all tractors after that point had them. It was an option.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:51 pm

Trying to define long ear dash: Where it attaches to the tank, it extends further forward, and has 2 bolts on each side.
Short ear just barely goes further than the dash panel, and only has one bolt on each side.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:06 pm

From TM Tractor

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

lucky1
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 46737

Postby lucky1 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:12 am

Thanks for the warm welcome. learned a lot already and I have been playing with these cubs for 20 years or so. lol I found a "no ear" dash on ebay if anyone is interested. They called it a "rare trimmed dash" are there any good resources out there for attachments as to when they came out or made revisions?

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:37 pm

lucky1 wrote:I found a "no ear" dash on ebay if anyone is interested.

Here is a link to the trimmed dash data base. http://www.savethecub.com/dash.htm

There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Return to “Farmall Cub”