This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Miss Daisy (for now) my '49

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
EZ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: P0M1Z0
Tractors Owned: 49 Cub
67 International Cub Loboy
57 Farmall 130

Miss Daisy (for now) my '49

Postby EZ » Fri Dec 26, 2003 9:56 am

Not sure if I ever posted this picture.
This is the very first look I ever had of the '49, it was sent to me by the vendor. The first things I noticed were the retro grill, and the bent steering column. Well I did get more pictures, and ended up buying it. I straightened up the steering column and did alot of other work to it and it's now my favorite toy. No compooter camera under the tree this year so it will be a wait 'til I get some recent pics out.

The link was posted earlier on GW's poll, but I wanted it to have a thread of it's own, please comment.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=4061342&a=30566427&p=62734022&f=0
Just Do It !

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Fri Dec 26, 2003 1:56 pm

Nice lookig tractor EZ, The wheels color kinda hurt me eyes though, They dont look bad, Its just that I am used to seeing red wheels.
Then came Bronson

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:28 pm

What I get is the message:

Sorry This Photo is Unavailable

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:39 pm

Her ya go Donny:
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:42 pm

Thanks Bigdog,

That's one loved Cub :!: It's beautiful I kinda like the white wheels.

Nice job EZ :!: :!: :!:

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Fri Dec 26, 2003 3:43 pm

Donny M wrote:Thanks Bigdog,

That's one loved Cub :!: It's beautiful I kinda like the white wheels.

Nice job EZ :!: :!: :!:

Donnie,

I think it looks nice too. The only problem with that paint job... the white weights somehow don't look as heavy. :lol:
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Fri Dec 26, 2003 4:27 pm

George,

All you have to do is to try to put one on by yourself while the wheel is mounted. Doesn't matter what color they are. Their still heavy :!: :!: :!:

I seem to remember one of your posts about mounting wheel weights where you took the wheel off to mount them. That was after I mounted them while the wheels were still on the tractor. It was then that I truly appreciated your qoute. I used a jack so it wasn't that bad :roll: :roll: :roll:

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby George Willer » Fri Dec 26, 2003 4:37 pm

I seem to remember one of your posts about mounting wheel weights where you took the wheel off to mount them. That was after I mounted them while the wheels were still on the tractor. It was then that I truly appreciated your qoute. I used a jack so it wasn't that bad

Donnie,

That wasn't me... I don't do it that way. I leave the wheel on the tractor and roll the weight up to the wheel on a rolling floor jack and slide them in place using a guide rod. Never have to lift them that way.

FYI... Black weights are heaviest, red are slightly lighter, and white are lightest of all. :lol:
George Willer

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Fri Dec 26, 2003 4:53 pm

George,

Somewhere in that thread someone posted about taking the wheel off. I thought it was you. I guess great minds think alike :lol: :lol: :lol: I too used a rolling floor jack.
One comment though...it's much more efficent to spell my name with a Y instead of ie, that way you save one key stroke :lol:

Seriously, I have a very long way to go before I can hold a candle to most on the board and I appreciate the knowledge this board has to offer.

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby George Willer » Fri Dec 26, 2003 5:14 pm

Donny,

I'm sorry about the mis-spelling. It was careless of me, and I meant no dis-respect. I realize that a man's name is his most important posession. I'll bet I've made that mistake before. I'm sorry about that too! :shock:
George Willer

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Fri Dec 26, 2003 6:45 pm

George,

No need to apoglize I just thought I could save you some wear and tear on your hands so they may continue to caress your tractors. :lol: We would not want to prematurely damage those digits. Although that might give the rest of us a chance to catch up...if that's possible. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

EZ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: P0M1Z0
Tractors Owned: 49 Cub
67 International Cub Loboy
57 Farmall 130

Postby EZ » Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:12 pm

Bigdog,
Thanks for putting up the pic.
The cream color wheels kind of grow on you after awhile, I really like them and don't plan on any change for now. The weights are little on the "light" side, I think I'll keep a can of black "on hand" just in case I get into some real heavy work that requires more weight :wink:
Just Do It !

Oscar Meier
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Oscar Meier » Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:13 pm

I like it - the cream color for the wheels looks nice - I think I would have also done the grill in the cream color.

I like custom adds - there is nothing wrong with a little personal touch - I know the correct police are geting out their clubs; but, I don't feel a little style outside of the IH red is out of line. Tastefully done, it really adds to the look.

One of the other members has a tractor named "Elvira" its IH red with a few black accents and it looks real good too.
48 CUB & 52 Super A

Return to “Farmall Cub”