This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

It ain't a cub, but......

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

It ain't a cub, but......

Postby Bigdog » Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:58 pm

It sure made my grandson happy! :)

Now Grammy can't wait till the weather's nice enough for him to take it outside! :D
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Dec 26, 2003 3:27 pm

Happy grandchild ther, but I think you need to monitor his toys more closely. Considering what list this is, I think you should have bought him a red one. :D :D Image
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Fri Dec 26, 2003 4:31 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner,

That looks more like it :lol: :lol: But I'll bet color wasn't an issue with the grandson.

Marion(57 Loboy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1957 International Cub Loboy; C-3 finish mower; L-54 blade; L-F194 plow incl coulter and jointer;L-38 disk harrow. Leinbach FH back blade.

Postby Marion(57 Loboy) » Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:13 pm

Good job on the lil' garden tractor John!!

That green stuff Bigdog's been buyin ain't ripe yet !!

JFERGUSON
10+ Years
10+ Years

MINE TOO

Postby JFERGUSON » Sun Dec 28, 2003 3:19 pm

SAME HERE BIGDOG. MY 2.5 YEAR GRANDSON SAW HIS AND ALMOST HYPERVENTLATED. HE LIKES HIS F20 PETAL FARMALL BUT THE GREEN ONE HAS A BATTERY AND ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS PUSH ON THE GAS. I MADE A CHANGE TO MY GRANDSON'S. I ADDED ANOTHER PLUG TO THE OUTSIDE OF THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT SO IT WOULD BE EASIER TO CHARGE THE BATTERY. (YES I CAN'T LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE.) HOPE YOURS HAS AS MUCH FUN AS MINE. I KNOW I HAVE FUN WATCHING.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Bigdog » Sun Dec 28, 2003 4:21 pm

It definitely needs an external plug for charging. Where did you find yours?
Bigdog

JFERGUSON
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby JFERGUSON » Mon Dec 29, 2003 8:57 pm

I JUST HAD A AUTOMOTIVE TYPE PLUG AND SOCKET. ANY TRAILER TYPE PLUG AND SOCKET WILL DO. I JUST SCABBED ON THE WIRES THAT ARE ON THE SOCKET GOING TO THE MOTOR AND THE MATING SOCKET IS SCABBED TO THE BATT. CHARGER. WHAT A PAIN TRYING TO LIFT THE HOOD AND THE SO CALLED ENGINE. DOES YOUR GRANDSON'S HAVE A TRAILER? JON MICHAEL HAS HIS FULL OF MULCH FROM HIS MAMA'S GARDEN. SHE HAS'NT LOOKED SO SHE DOE'SNT KNOW. GRANDPA WILL TAKE HEAT FOR THAT.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Bigdog » Mon Dec 29, 2003 10:22 pm

Yeah, he's got a trailer. I'm tryin' to keep it off the tractor till he gets the hang of backin' up. I figure otherwise, it'll be jack-knifed all the time.
Bigdog

artc
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06457
eBay ID: cmtelephone
Tractors Owned: Restored: 1950 Cub, 1950 Cub Demo, 1948 super AI, 1935 Silver King, 1946 Oliver 60 RC, John Deere M, 1950 C demo.

In working clothes:
1950 cub, 1948 cub, 1941 A, 1948 H, 1963 B414, 1958 240U, 1947 Oliver 60 industrial, Oliver 70 industrial. IH 450, 1963, another 1948 cub, 1946 I6 with Trogan front blade.

Postby artc » Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:57 am

I recall my Dad's and GrandDad's amusement at watching me as a young lad trying to back up the garden tractor and trailer. To my surprise, in the hard working family I grew up in, no one 'took over' to speed the process. they just let me struggle for awhile. :oops:

Near 20 years later, it was my turn to do the watching, as my son attempted the same maneuver. :lol:

I'll venture a guess that I'm not the only one with that story!
'If they're tappin', they're not burnin'
http://www.ZagrayFarmMuseum.org

parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby parts man » Tue Dec 30, 2003 7:04 pm

artc wrote:I recall my Dad's and GrandDad's amusement at watching me as a young lad trying to back up the garden tractor and trailer. To my surprise, in the hard working family I grew up in, no one 'took over' to speed the process. they just let me struggle for awhile. :oops:

Near 20 years later, it was my turn to do the watching, as my son attempted the same maneuver. :lol:

I'll venture a guess that I'm not the only one with that story!

That brings back memories!! While I was still in school, I got the job of driving the tractor and trailer in the woods. One of the early spots was to back about 3-400 yards down hill and around MANY curves. You had to watch out for stumps trees, etc while backing up and watching the trailer!! My dad must have the patience of Job!!!
V.P. of T.S.A. (taking stuff apart)

Jeff M
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04071
Tractors Owned: Cubless, but living vicariously through others
'61 Ford 641
Kubota BX 2370

Postby Jeff M » Tue Dec 30, 2003 7:32 pm

At 13, I learned to drive (on a farm) on a Jeep that always had a short steel trailer attached. I drove it for two summers, and then later when I took driver's ed, parallel parking was a snap, particularly with a car, no trailer, and power steering.
Care and feeding of family's Ford 641 ('61)
Kubota BX 1860

Return to “Farmall Cub”