This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Steam Shark?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John Dinwiddie
10+ Years
10+ Years

Steam Shark?

Postby John Dinwiddie » Sat Dec 27, 2003 2:13 pm

Has anyone tried the portable steam jenny(Steam Shark T.M.) Sears is hawking on T.V. for $99.95? They are advertizing it for use for household clean-up. I am thinking about gambling a hundred bucks on one of them as a garage tool for lite cleaning. Rental stores around here do not handle real steam jennies now days since high pressure washers became popular.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John Dinwiddie
10+ Years
10+ Years

Bought one anyway

Postby John Dinwiddie » Sat Dec 27, 2003 9:36 pm

I told my wife to pick up one of those steam sharks so I could do a good clean-up on the tile in the shower. She bit on that one. Had to do a good clean-up in the bathroom, so I have not got a chance to try it on my cub yet. This thing puts out enough heat and pressure to knock lime scale from under the commode rim, instantly. No U.L. sticker or A.S.M.E.cert. on it anywhere, hope it has a fusible plug or some other protection on it.
It is not enough for a commercial shop, but I am satisfied it will be fine for keeping even an AMF Harley clean, even better for a cub.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:00 pm

I would suggest making sure that you always plug it into a GFI protected circuit.

Return to “Farmall Cub”