This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

1000 loader parts

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BOB K.
10+ Years
10+ Years

1000 loader parts

Postby BOB K. » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:10 am

Does anyone know a sorce for the replacement cutting edge for the bucket? Mine is worn out. Also looking for the return line fitting that screws into the TC fill hole. Thanks

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:46 am

Bob - Contact WKPoor right here on the forum for that return line fitting.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:50 am

Cutting edge is easy: Just go to your local scrapyard and pick up a piece of used cutting edge. You can usually find something suitable from a larger machine that's been worn down to just the right size for your 1000 loader.

As for the plug... You might be able to get that part at your local CaseIH dealer, but I doubt it. The big problem is that the plug hole is a straight thread while normal plumbing is a tapered thread. I remember seeing something about a custom-machined unit some time in the past here.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Re: 1000 loader parts

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:06 am

BOB K. wrote:Also looking for the return line fitting that screws into the TC fill hole. Thanks

You need to be a little more specific on this. Early ones used pipe thread, later a straight thread with a sealing washer. I'm guessing you have the later style or probably wouldn't need to ask.

t jackson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21157

fitting

Postby t jackson » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:07 pm

i took my plug to a machine shop and had them make me a fitting to match the plug threads not very expensive

BOB K.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BOB K. » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:42 pm

Yes it is the later stright thread. I had contacted a local shop for the cutting edge. They are alot thicker and he would weld the upright to it. Just didn't know if anyone made them as a repro.

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Matt Kirsch » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:08 pm

Aw heck, a cutting edge is a cutting edge... Do a decent job of welding it on and nobody will be able to tell the difference. Plus, it'll last as long as you live.

Just don't get one for a large excavator or you'll be spending a whole lot of time with your back wheels in the air :D

I'm making an order to SurplusCenter.com for an SAE 14 to 3/4" NPT adapter. In theory, this should thread right into the Touch Control fill port. May need a brass washer to make a seal, but heck, if my hunch isn't correct I'll only be out $6.

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:35 pm

I have a pretty serious cutting edge that I was going to put on my McCormick plow... but decided against it.... forget how thick, but I can check if you want.
Its yours if you want it... Possibly I could bring it to the CT CubFest.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Steve Butram
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 47906
eBay ID: steveb05
Tractors Owned: 1947 in well used condition
1948 restored
Nice original 1950 just out of the Demo Range
628 2 wheel Trailer
1950 Demo
Tryke
Rat Cub

Postby Steve Butram » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:47 pm

While this post is up where can I find a replacement Bucket for a 1000 loader.
Be prepared to be unprepared Seth Goden

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Matt Kirsch » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:29 pm

I'm sure there are replacement buckets for these compact tractor loaders that are the right width. You could check with Cub Cadet, Kubota, and dare I say John Deere dealers. I don't think you can get a new bucket specifically for that loader anymore.

Wear pants you're not really attached to as you're likely to soil yourself when you find out how much they cost :shock: I know what the big buckets cost, and it's scary. On top of that, these buckets need to be modified for the 1-arm pivot and single cylinder.

If all you need is a new bottom, it may be prudent to find a piece of 3/16" plate, a friend with a welder, and a six pack of your favorite beverage. Heck with enough drink and material you may get him to weld you up an entire new bucket :)

Heck, I'd do it for you but I don't think you live very close to me.

Steve Butram
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 47906
eBay ID: steveb05
Tractors Owned: 1947 in well used condition
1948 restored
Nice original 1950 just out of the Demo Range
628 2 wheel Trailer
1950 Demo
Tryke
Rat Cub

Postby Steve Butram » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:09 am

Matt, My bucket has been modified.And I was looking to restore it but I'm thinking about a fork set up for the loader.
Be prepared to be unprepared Seth Goden

BOB K.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BOB K. » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:43 pm

Thanks buzzard wing, I am waiting for a price for 1 from a local shop. I will let you know. As far as a bucket goes make 1 if you have the tools. I plan on making a bigger 1 for snow. I make a bucket for a small backhoe. I cut the end plats used 3/16" steel welded the side plates to thesteel and bent it around using a comealong and welding every few inches the bend more and weld and so on. It wasn't that had just takes time.

zack
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby zack » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:57 pm

Check with excavating company in your area because they will probably have some laying around both new and used that they may sell.

zack

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:25 pm

As far as I know Earl is the only one with the adapters. The straight thread is a bastard and you won't find it any were nor will you find the die. Earl makes them on the lathe and his is furnished with a very nice thick copper sealing washer and...... he also has an adapter tee that will allow you to still have a service port with the same thread as the plug so you won't have to throw it in the corner and get lost. He has had a good stock of these for 2 or 3 yrs now.
I've never owned a loader but saw the need while skeeming up an aux. hydraulic mod a couple of yrs ago . I figured over time people would come out of the woodwork looking for them. Earl is way ahead of his time, he's got products sitting on the shelf waiting for the market to realize the need.

Return to “Farmall Cub”