This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Adding rear hydraulic remote

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Paul_NJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Adding rear hydraulic remote

Postby Paul_NJ » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:15 am

Does anyone know if the bottom (normally plugged) ports on HydraTouch valves are internally connected to the top ports, or if they connect to the high pressure and return manifold chambers that run thru all of the valves in the manifold? My 340U has two HydraTouch valves which control side remotes, and are connected to those side remotes via the top ports. I intend to use those valves to run the 1701 loader I'm refurbishing for the tractor.

I wanted to add a rear remote to connect a 3 point mounted log splitter, and saw in the parts CD that a rear remote was a factory option, and the lines to the rear remote were tied into the bottom ports on one of the control valves. Now if the bottom ports are connected internally to the top ports, then they will not be independant, ie the loader will go up every time I split a log. I'm hoping that the bottom ports are not controlled by the valve, and therefore will be independant from what the valve is connected to. I've looked in all the manuals and couldn't find the answer.

Since I have it all apart at the moment, it would be an easy hookup, if it works that way.

51 Cub; IH 340 Utility; IH 240 Utility http://public.fotki.com/PWS/

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:07 am

Paul,
I have only been around Hydra-Touch systems a little bit, and never on a 340. Based on the evidence that the rear remote was little more than some lines and a rear connector, I suspect that the top and bottom ports are internally connected.

I assume you will have a control valve for the splitter at the back and just want a continuous feed of high presssure to that valve. If so, there are several ways to deal with it, but none that I can think of are very simple or clean.

One way would be to hook into the bottom ports, as you want to. You would have to add a cut-off valve in a line from the side port to the loader. Closing that valve would keep the loader from moving. Then you would also need to tie the Hydra-Touch lever to one direction or the other to mantain flow to the splitter. Make any sense?

You could also put a slector valve in-line outboard of the side port that could be switched to feed either the loader or splitter. You would still need to tie the Hydra-Touch lever to maintain a steady flow to the splitter valve.

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:21 pm

Just uncouple the bucket dump and use that remote instead of the up/down. That way you can lift the loader and move the tractor around without messing around.

Paul_NJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Paul_NJ » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:50 pm

Thanks guys. I'd really prefer a shutoff valve, but the connection from the HydroTouch valve to the side remote block is a spool piece (both hydraulic lines, closely together, welded into a flange on each end). I don't know how I'd get a valve into that. Uncoupling one of the quick disconnects to the loader is certainly the easiest solution. But I hadn't thought it through all the way . . . the bucket line would be better so at least I can move the tractor when the splitter is on. Thanks for your ideas.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:04 pm

If you go with a shutoff valve, it can go anythere in the line from the side remote block to the bucket cylinder. I'm assuming a single bucket cylinder. If there are 2, it can go between the side block and the T where a line goes to each side.

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:51 pm

On our old 560, the rear remote was just a pair of hoses that plugged into one set of outlets up under the gas tank. We had the loader on it for many years, and on the rare occasion that we needed to run hydraulics out the rear, set the bucket on the ground, shut off tractor and relieve the pressure, unhook the bucket, hook up the rear, start the tractor, lift the bucket, and head off to the next job.

Paul_NJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Paul_NJ » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:58 pm

Ah ha, now I see the light! Got it this time!

Thanks again.

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”