This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cubventure Pictures

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Cubventure Pictures

Postby Donny M » Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:46 pm

Instead of posting pictures I thought it would be best to do it this way. My apolologies to those with dial-up. I've become a broadband snob. :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.novswr.com/cub_stuff.htm

Donny

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:14 pm

Those of us with dialups, appreciate the links to multiple or large pictures rather than having them on the message board. That way we can look at them when we want, but don't have to wait for them everytime we want to see a new post in the thread.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Brent
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93510

Postby Brent » Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:20 pm

Donny,

Glad to see you and your family got home safe and sound. The pictures should convince those who don't think us Californians get winter weather.
Always try the easiest thing first.

farmallcub49
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 56374
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby farmallcub49 » Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:21 pm

Donny,

Looks like you got some nice tractors. Also, looks like you have your work cut out for you. The disk plow is a Cub 152 mounted plow. I own one and they work slick. Luckily you have more than one cub, because they are heavy to take off and store.

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:27 pm

Great "Pic's" Looks like you done your self well, I use to live in Sac. so I'm aware of them snow storms in the Mnts. Sure glad you made it safe as well "Jack" :)

Jeff M
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04071
Tractors Owned: Cubless, but living vicariously through others
'61 Ford 641
Kubota BX 2370

Postby Jeff M » Fri Jan 02, 2004 7:52 pm

Now I'm beginning to understand why everyone uses chains out there. They don't plow!
Care and feeding of family's Ford 641 ('61)
Kubota BX 1860

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:15 pm

Donny:

Wonderful pictures of your Cubs. Beautiful family as well. I like the snow, it fits! Glad you all got home safe and sound. Looks like you got some fun ahead of you!
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Jack fowler
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Jack fowler » Fri Jan 02, 2004 10:18 pm

Donny

Beautiful country! Is Pollock Pines in El Dorado County? When I was in the Army I was stationed at Fort Ord for a year. Every weekend I traveled and seen most of California and I always hope to move to the northern part someday but, job; family and saving to send my boys to college has me staying put.

Jack Fowler

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Fri Jan 02, 2004 10:36 pm

Donny,

You done good, my friend!

My dialup connection is so busy that I only have seen a couple of the pictures, but it looks like you even have some wheel weights at $100/axle. Are they in good condition? :lol: One tractor (the '49 :D )seems to have the original Firestone tires.

Our club president gave his bride a restored '49 for a wedding present some years ago. It looked so nice it was the inspiration for my first restoration. It also has the original rubber. Here's a picture of it taken at the Cub Fest.

Don't use those tires on a tractor you plan to run on hard surface... they will shake the bejeebers out of you.

George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Fri Jan 02, 2004 10:44 pm

Thanks, everyone :D :D :D

Jeff M,
There are several reasons the DOT make travelers use chains
1. It's not as cold here as in Maine. The snow tends to be wetter. (is that a word?)
2. The roads are mountainous and the elevation change can be several thousand feet in a short distance.
3. And most importantally, These idiots don't know how to drive in the snow. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jack F,
Yes Pollock Pines is in El Dorado County. We're between Placerville and South Lake Tahoe.

Rudi,
It's ture, I have a beautiful family. How else could we be cooped up in a pickup for 16 hrs. and still be talking to each other :lol: :lol: :lol:

All,
Thanks for all the kind words. :D :D :D

Larry in IN
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 46750
Tractors Owned: '59 cub running
'48 'H' running?
'54 '400' project
'67 806' project
?? '706' project
'70' 826G Hydro 'every day power! 1 of 14
'71' MM G1050 - Big iron
'51' JD 'R' project
'61 JD 3010 project
'48 Allis 'G'
'??' F-12 my son's

Postby Larry in IN » Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:15 am

Donny_
I especially like your point #3...'cept you might have capitalized IDIOTS.
:wink:
There were several vids of people on the roads out there during that storm. Wow!
A long time ago, I was stationed in Tidewater VA and in a car pool with a Chicagoan, a Michigander, amd a youngster from TX.
After one snow event [which PROVED why VA has the snow and tire chain rules they have] we all made a pact that in the future, anyone except the Texan would drive to work!
Still a great story and priceless memories for your family and grins for all of us.
One of the few advantages of growing older is that I finally realized that I haven't made ALL the stupid mistakes! Yet!

Jeff M
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04071
Tractors Owned: Cubless, but living vicariously through others
'61 Ford 641
Kubota BX 2370

Postby Jeff M » Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:16 am

[quote="Donny M"]Jeff M,
There are several reasons the DOT make travelers use chains
1. It's not as cold here as in Maine. The snow tends to be wetter. (is that a word?)
2. The roads are mountainous and the elevation change can be several thousand feet in a short distance.
3. And most importantally, These idiots don't know how to drive in the snow.

May I respond to points 1 and 3? (1) We get stuff like that at times too, and it is indeed greasy. (3) What idiots? I thought we had all the idiots! There's nothing like an SUV to really build up that false sense of security, too. I drive for a living, and I think I've seen more Explorers off the road than anything else (although this year seems to be the Year of the Tahoe). Entertainment value is priceless, though, watching those poor fools standing next to the SUV in the snowbank, scratching their heads... :lol:

Now that I've downloaded all the pics (45 minutes, 4 refreshes, you broadband snob indeed), you got a GREAT haul, not to mention the nice lookin' '55! And a spare motor, no less...nice work.
Care and feeding of family's Ford 641 ('61)
Kubota BX 1860

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby johnbron » Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:28 am

8) Yeah Donny, You did make a Great Haul on that Cubtraband-Booty that you towed home under the cover of a Blizzard. 8)
Then came Bronson

Marion(57 Loboy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: 1957 International Cub Loboy; C-3 finish mower; L-54 blade; L-F194 plow incl coulter and jointer;L-38 disk harrow. Leinbach FH back blade.

Postby Marion(57 Loboy) » Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:27 am

Hey Donny,

Great pics! For sure the one with the snowblade runs-do the other two?
Being from Ohio it seems strange to see all that green with the snow !
About the ppl who don't know how to drive in it......I grew up in Lake County Ohio-Home of the Lake Erie Snow Machine !! aka: the heart of the snow belt. You LEARNED how to do it....period. Back in HS I had a Jeep 69 pickup and a good friend(partner in crime?) had a 4wd Chevy and we'd go up and down Rt 2/20 from Painesville to Madison pulling out stuck folks during the storms. Gas was hovering around 50 cents a gallon then!!! The troopers got to know us and our good deeds got the both of us out of hot water when we got caught in a couple of "capers"!!

What an adventure you and your family had! I can't hardly get my wife to come out to the garage to step on the pedal to bleed the brakes let alone take a trip like that for 'guy stuff' !! Hang on to that one !!!

Also, that sure looks like a Ford SuperDuty RH mirror in the 3rd pic...y/n ?

Good luck finding spare time now !!

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:30 am

Marion(57 LoBoy),
Yes it's a Super Duty Mirror. 99 F250 Crew Cab FWD and a chipped Power Stroke. I've had all kinds of trucks over the years but this is by far the best I ever had. After more than 230,000 miles it's still good to us. Only used 10 gals of feul during our 16 hrs. A mpg of about .8 pretty good uh?

JB,
After the deal you made on that mower I've be thinking I gave too much for the Cubs. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jeff M
As you know I lived in Maine for quite a while. It seems when people in California see a bunch of white stuff they think their near the beach. Another reason the OR DOT couldn't plow is the Interstate was littered with those so called professional drivers and no one could get by. Tractor trailer rigs must chain both drive wheels and at least one drag axel. Climbing about 3,000 ft in less than 8 miles with it snowing like the dickens in stop and go traffic even the best were stuck.

Glad you liked the pictures.

Return to “Farmall Cub”