This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Plowing the soggy garden plot in December

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Marion(57 Loboy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1957 International Cub Loboy; C-3 finish mower; L-54 blade; L-F194 plow incl coulter and jointer;L-38 disk harrow. Leinbach FH back blade.
Circle of Safety: Y

Plowing the soggy garden plot in December

Postby Marion(57 Loboy) » Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:02 am

I think I've got a handle on posting with pics so here goes.
Was REAL busy all fall and did not have a chance to plow the garden;besides it wasn't running right anyhow. Got the Loboy going recently and decided to take advantage of the warmer days we had here in mid Dec to turn it all over. It was quite damp but worked out so-so anyhow. My tired and smokin' Loboy got it done in no time. The plot is about 75ft X 150ft. It also took a long time to clean the Cub up with just my garden hose!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby johnbron » Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:16 am

:) Marion, I love your attitude, especially this little comment that you put in your profile about your interests in life.

I totally agree with you.

Now back to Cubs, Thats a nice looking dirty wheel little Lowboy ya got there doing your chores for ya. :lol:
Then came Bronson

Jeff M
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04071
Tractors Owned: Cubless, but living vicariously through others
'61 Ford 641
Kubota BX 2370

Postby Jeff M » Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:19 am

Nice hard-working little Loboy you have there! I sure wish I could find one of those seats for mine.
Care and feeding of family's Ford 641 ('61)
Kubota BX 1860

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Jan 03, 2004 9:21 am

Marion:

Yup, seems you got the handle on it now. Nice plowing job too! Mine is going to have to wait until the spring - too busy.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Randy 64 Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Randy 64 Cub » Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:46 pm

Is it smoking thru the exhaust or the breather tube. Mine smokes thru the breater tube when plowing (needs a ring job). It sat non-running in my grandfather's field about 14 years and probably the rings rusted and pitted the cylinder wall until I got it running the summer before last. It has good oil pressure, but the smoking through the breather tube under load has got to go. I'll be replacing the rings and lapping the cylinder walls late this coming summer.

I just did the same and plowed and then tilled up using the rotovator last weekend. The rotovator turns it to powder after plowing. I don't even own the gear reduction and it it just a dream. I'm thinking about selling the F38A Disc as I don't think I'll ever be using it again after getting the fast hitch rotovator. No... my soil isn't sandy, or soft, but you do have to plow it first.
-Finesse is choosing the right size hammer.

-As soon as something is made idiot-proof they make a better idiot.

Marion(57 Loboy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: 1957 International Cub Loboy; C-3 finish mower; L-54 blade; L-F194 plow incl coulter and jointer;L-38 disk harrow. Leinbach FH back blade.

Postby Marion(57 Loboy) » Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:49 pm

Randy,
Mine smokes out the exhaust mostly with just a bit out the oil filler cap. It seems to have plenty of power still though. My step-Dad has a FCub with a complete overhaul and mine does everything his does save the smoke. Mine pulls the plow; a huge tandem disc meant for a 8n and it'll mow with the C-3 deck in 2nd gear just fine.

Why, we hooked up to an old GMC 1-1/2 ton truck in his field last summer with both Cubs and drug it out thru brush and brambles we could barely see over! Maybe one day it'll get some engine work but for now...if it ain't broke-don't fix it !
Last edited by Marion(57 Loboy) on Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:45 pm

Marion
if it ain't broke-don't fix it !

I resent that remark, :lol: :lol: :lol:

You will miss out on all the fun and frustration.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:23 pm

Randy 64 Cub wrote: It has good oil pressure, but the smoking through the breather tube under load has got to go. I'll be replacing the rings and lapping the cylinder walls late this coming summer.

Randy, have you cleaned the breather pipe that goes from the air filter to the block. If it or the fittings gets plugged with sludge it will cause smoking out the breather.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”