This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Mower I.D.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dogman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Mower I.D.

Postby Dogman » Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:47 pm

I know someone knows what this mower is :?: I think I have even seen a picture of one on the forum at one time. and does anyone have a picture of the pulley setup :?: any help would be appreciated.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:29 pm

The mower is a WOODS 42. With all of the modifications made to it, I don't see how it would fit a cub. I have a picture of a "re-newed" 42 I will post later that will show the pulley set-up.
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Dogman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dogman » Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:58 pm

Cub-Bud

thanks p.o. said it came off a cub.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:37 pm

Looks like it has been remodeled to make the pivots attach to the final drives rather than to the idler pulley bar.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:51 pm

Yep, he cut and welded the supports in such a way that the holes in the supports would line-up with the front holes in the final drive housings. I wonder how he made the 90 degree turn with the drive belt :?: Here's the pic of the 42 that came with my '49 after I freshened it up a bit :wink:.

"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:59 pm

It might have been used with the drive set-up for a fast-hitch cub. It has a chain drive that bolts to the tractor. The chain drive drives a belt pulley through a jackshaft.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Dogman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dogman » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:00 pm

Looks like I bought another boat anchor :oops:

Gene Chestnutt
10+ Years
10+ Years

IH mower

Postby Gene Chestnutt » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:52 pm

Anybody have a photo of the IH version of the 42 inch mower and its proper setup on the Cub?
Gene Chestnutt

Dogman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dogman » Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:30 am

Gene
hope this what you are looking for

Slappy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Slappy » Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:08 am

Since we are on the topic. Can anyone post a picture or perhaps give me the critical dimensions of the belt guard forks (I don't recall their proper name) that help prevent the belt from jumping off the mower pulley? Mine's an International rotery mower. Someone got impatient and sawed these off my mower and I need to "re-manufacture" them. Thanks.

Dogman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dogman » Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:57 am

Slappy
sorry for the poor quality but hope it helps

Slappy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Slappy » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:08 pm

That's perfect - thanks dogman.

Slappy

Gene Chestnutt
10+ Years
10+ Years

Mower ID

Postby Gene Chestnutt » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:53 pm

I seem to have another (farm) variation on this IH mower. Now would be the time to have a digital camera handy. The mounts come back and off the deck are best described as "gooseneck". They are fairly close together and appear to be designed to attach to a pully bar mounted between the axles on which they pivot when you raise or lower the deck. This particular mower appears to be more of a rough cut (bush hog or shredder) type mower. I would like to know what this thing I move around all summer to trim the grass is and how it is supposed to look mounted on my "Merlin" cub. Thanks.
Gene Chestnutt

Return to “Farmall Cub”