This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

TURNING PLOW ?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
rleggitt
10+ Years
10+ Years

TURNING PLOW ?

Postby rleggitt » Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:08 pm

OOPS! Three slaps on the wrist with a FARMALL Service Manual. I mean, moldboard plough.

Now to the ? Did any of the single point hitch moldboard ploughs have a
cutter/coulter on them? I just acquired one last fall and I can't see any
indication of where one was or would attach. It worked great in the garden 6-9 inches deep. However, there was no sod there. I tried it on
the byhalia grass field and it did not do well at all due to the massive
root system.

Thanks for the info.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Marion(57 Loboy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1957 International Cub Loboy; C-3 finish mower; L-54 blade; L-F194 plow incl coulter and jointer;L-38 disk harrow. Leinbach FH back blade.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Marion(57 Loboy) » Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:28 pm

I have one of those fasthitch plows-(see the post about plowing garden in Dec)- and I sure wish I had one of those coulters too! From what I understand in the manual, the coulter mounts to the drawbar part of the fasthitch and not the plow attachment. I also had to mount an extension on the top end to keep the plowed ground from flopping back into the furrow.
......that reminds me.....plows days is coming up in April.....come on SPRING !!!!!!! OK, back to reality.....one of the more experienced guys will surely be able to give more detail.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:57 pm

Marion pretty well covered it. The coulter bolts on at the hole about 1/3 to 1/2 way forward on the pull bar. The Owner's Manual should show it.

Since they were not attached to the plow beam, most of them have gotten separated. They are now kind of hard to find.

I have a plow and no coulter too.

Merlin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Merlin » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:19 pm

Ok, let me get this straight in my head again. ( or maybe for the first time) Is a colter a disk blade that rides and cut in front of the plow blade? What is the difference between a pull bar and a plow beam? I think terminology in different parts of the country is different by quite a bit, because here the colter is bolted to what we call the beam. You remove the colter and plow all in one piece. I don't recall ever hearing about a pull bar.
Last edited by Merlin on Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:41 pm

In this case, the pull bar is part of the tractor. Pull out your Cub Parts Catalog and look up part 520150R11.

Merlin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Merlin » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:50 pm

I see it in the manual now Jim. I need to get one on Plows.

Randy 64 Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Randy 64 Cub » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:52 am

Coulters are hard to come by for the fast hitch stuff. I have a fast hitch rollover plow with no coulters. I don't seem to need it though. I just plowed a 1/2 acre section that had not been plowed in over 15 years last December during the warm spell. I just had to go in 1st gear instead of second.

-Finesse is choosing the right size hammer.

-As soon as something is made idiot-proof they make a better idiot.

Return to “Farmall Cub”