This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Welcome Ike - Member #700

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:05 pm

Robinson wrote:I also like the black starters. You have me wondering though which color the starter on my CUB is... The whole tractor is all one color (reddish rust) but I can't visualize that starter to save me. I guess I will have to go look. Dang, now I have to try to remember where I left it. :D I think it is in the west barn down the road.

Frobl,

It's way too cold out to go looking for that Cub. Maybe this will help?

George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:57 pm

:lol: OK Now, Since YD brought this starter color confusion up and got shot right out of the saddle by the rest of you guys I am really convinced now to paint my starter "BLACK". I am having a hard time deciding which color black to paint it though. "Ooops", Only one color black huh!. What I meant to say was, Should I use Flat-Black or Glossy-Black. What did you use George?. Now that YD is hanging his head in Shame for starting this uprising he will probably tell me to paint it (Flat-Pink-Black). :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Then came Bronson

Yo's Dad
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Yo's Dad » Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:22 pm

Now Rudolph:

First, how can we take seriously anything anybody says who can't even spell color.... hehe. Me thinks your black starter reasoning is all wet (err frozen in your case). I for one, and I suspect many others still have the original starter, which was and still is RED. I know Dad likes black starters, but that's another story...you know how Dad is from time to time.... we'll just humor him and let him paint the starters pink if he wants. Maw will straighten him out in due time anyway.

Take care and get out that red paint.

Nuther Q. Just how cold will it get at your house tonight? I assume your brass monkey collection is safely tucked away in the barn.
YD, Grover and Ole Malley
‘Keepers of the Flame’ Image

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:27 pm

YD:

K, will start with the easy stuff first -- it is currently -25C with a wind chill of -34C. Overnight it will fall to -28 C and a wind chill of -36. They are forecasting continuing cold in the morning -28 C and a wind chill possibly as low as - 38 to - 40 or lower At -40C it is equal to -40F, either way it is real cold. Needless to say, school will probably be cancelled for the third day in a row.

The snow is so hard that I can walk on it and not break through - I weigh almost 200 lbs or 89 kilo.

I have euphamistically been saying that it is cold enough to freeze the you know what's off of a polar bear, but in the paper today they got almost as good -- NB in a DEEP FREEZE - Cold enough to freeze a Polar Bear's Posterior!

I have not seen continuous cold like this since I left the Arctic. Did 2 6-month tours May to Dec in Alert - top of Ellesmere Island and almost 3 years in Inuvik - head of the McKenzie Delta, both in the NWT. Real cold up there, but much drier. In fact it was colder here on Friday than it was at the North Pole!

Good thing I got lot's of wood in the basement, we is gonna need it.

As for the colour thingy - see I am in a very great quandry. Ellie's is still red, but Jethro's is black. Ellie's has been rebuilt but they didn't bother painting it. Now I gotta decide what to do - although I am seriously leaning toward black -- probably GLOSS BLACK to boot!
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby parts man » Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:51 pm

OH!!! You black starter guys are gonna make me cry!!! :cry: :cry:
Starters are red, along with carbs manifolds and wiring harnesses! :lol:

You wouldn't believe the colour combos we get here. We've had a pink and brown IH W-4, a blue W-4, a red ford, a burgundy case ( mettalic too I think), and many others. My dad and I say that painting the wrong colour is the final indgnity PO's perform on a tractor before completely destroying it! :lol:

But hey, I digress, it's your tractor, paint it your way! :D
V.P. of T.S.A. (taking stuff apart)

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:16 pm

Well, I really don't know how this thread went from a welcome to #700 (Ike) to the color of starters but I like it. :lol: :lol: :lol: My starters happen to be rusty red with a heavy coat of Oregon Mossy Green.

As for color or colour, George can attest to the fact that using less letters extends the useful life of the digits.

Yo's Dad
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Yo's Dad » Sat Jan 17, 2004 1:48 pm

Well I consulted Maw, and she said if there wasn't something on her cub that was pink..... well, we'd all be sorry. I got out my paint brush, just to make Maw happy. So, I think a pink starter is just right..... right Maw?
YD, Grover and Ole Malley

‘Keepers of the Flame’ Image

Return to “Farmall Cub”