This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Worked on the 54

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Scott C
10+ Years
10+ Years

Worked on the 54

Postby Scott C » Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:14 pm

Well, I finally got some cub time today. I've been looking at the small hole in the pipe right where it screws into the manifold and thinking I'm going to have to try it sometime. I put a wrench on it today (after repeated soakings with penetrating oil) and proceded to twist it off flush.
I ran to my dealer and picked up some gaskets then pulled it off. I had to cut the piece in the manifold and pry it out, it came out pretty easy.

I threw some paint on it and put it back. I should have known better because there's still some metal in the threads that I missed.

Tomorrow I'll go out and get a 1" pipe plug and cut a groove in it. It makes a cheap way to chase threads and cleans them up pretty good. A friend of mine had given me some pieces of 1" stainless to play with and I think I found a use for one of them. Looks pretty good with the new muffler (it didn't have one before).

I also rewired the headlights and put a new one in the right side. It's going to get new tires mounted tomorrow. I used the front blade to jack the front end up with the down pressure by blocking the spring on the front and setting the blade on a piece of wood. It lifted the front right off the ground real nice.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Farmall Cub”